Remlinized - The story of my 1895CB - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: Remlinized - The story of my 1895CB

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    ^^^^THIS!

This is an iron clad case demonstrating Remington's intentions, their very soul, so to speak. Push marketing propaganda via gun rags of precision CNC machine work, eluding to quality, and when they machine a receiver amounting to a TURD, Jerry rig to pass it off on an unsuspecting customer. It bothers Remington not one iota taking folks hard earned dollars who purchase in good faith. If Remington can slip one by, and the customer not figure it out so it doesn't return, or worse, detonate while firing it, perfectly acceptable.

How can anyone have an ounce of faith in Remington's supposed quality control with their intentions demonstrated in this example?

I'll never roll the dice with any Remington product.

Jack
    AGREED. a store near me had new 336s on sale . I was tempted! im gonna pass! ive got a gun show coming. so my nose is in the air for a Marlin 36. or winnie or savage I better stop now.
    JACKTW and gunscrewguy like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    ^^^^THIS!

This is an iron clad case demonstrating Remington's intentions, their very soul, so to speak. Push marketing propaganda via gun rags of precision CNC machine work, eluding to quality, and when they machine a receiver amounting to a TURD, Jerry rig to pass it off on an unsuspecting customer. It bothers Remington not one iota taking folks hard earned dollars who purchase in good faith. If Remington can slip one by, and the customer not figure it out so it doesn't return, or worse, detonate while firing it, perfectly acceptable.

How can anyone have an ounce of faith in Remington's supposed quality control with their intentions demonstrated in this example?

I'll never roll the dice with any Remington product.

Jack
    After getting rid of a problem Remlin 308MX and a problem Rem Mod 700 (both made after they were acquired by Freedom Group), I share that sentiment. Saw a pretty decent looking Remlin 444 Marlin at the LGS this week---not up to JM standards but much better than the horrific run of 2010-2015 Remlins. Threads like this remind me to only LOOK at a new Remlin or other new Big R products. Needless to say--I left the Remlin 444 Marlin sitting in the gun racks.
    Last edited by Ret_Eng; 02-14-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks for all the reply's, now I'm wondering if it would make sense to consult with a lawyer. I know...but at some point there is only one way to get someones attention and if myself and my friends who fired this rifle were in danger then it won't bother me one bit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Op,

DEMAND a refund, and also compensation for any silly California fee's you had to pay...........

Have you looked at the primers in your last fired cases............I'll bet the primers are all very proud of the case head, 'cuz your Head Space was completely gone!

Some here think I'm just mad, or sore about the way the North Haven employee's were treated by Remington............I'M NOT!...........We were all adult enough, to take their unethical treatment, and we did,...............'cuz we knew we were right, and on the "High Road".

BUT!..........Remington has built CRAP to offer consumers in the market..........OK, not all of it, but Most of it.....................And I bet I could find "issues" with even the so called good ones............

Henry and Uberti must be gaining a lot weight, eating Remington's and Marlin's lunch...............

OP, get a refund, and shop for another manufacturer's rifle, or a pre 2010 Marlin............

Sorry for your distress, but it may serve as a lesson to others..............12 years after acquiring Marlin, and 10 years of trying to build Marlins on their own *, ..............they deserve to go out of business, now..............

* We in North Haven were told by Joe Gross Rem COO (at the closing) "These rifles are easy to build........... They can be built anywhere, buy anybody"...........I think that he may have even said Monkeys could build them.........Oh, Joe....you wuz so smart...........

Tom
    Last edited by Tomray; 02-14-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    NRA LIFE
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffletop View Post
    I'll tell you who should be fired, it's the management that forces them to spit out a rifle every 135 seconds, there is no time to do the job correctly.
    They are just slapping them together at breakneck speed.
    The employees are prob punished financially if they don't make the ridiculous quotas.
    Oh this is all undoubtedly a consequence of the Freedom Group buying and gutting the companies. I just hate that these iconic American gun companies are spitting out so much crap now.

I was lucky to grown up with Pre 64 Winchesters, Dupont era Remingtons, Pre or early Bangor Punta Smith and Wessons, and Colts made before I was born in the Mid-70's. I didn't get into Marlins until a few years ago, but I stuck with JM guns.

Winchester quality dropped off in the early 60's (even the late Pre 64 guns started getting sloppy), Smith and Wesson and Colt started dropping off in the early-mid 70's, and Remington and Marlin actually held on well past the declines of the others, but the freedom group has absolutely destroyed them now.

It's sad.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomray View Post
    Op,

DEMAND a refund, and also compensation for any silly California fee's you had to pay...........

Have you looked at the primers in your last fired cases............I'll bet the primers are all very proud of the case head, 'cuz your Head Space was completely gone!

Some here think I'm just mad, or sore about the way the North Haven employee's were treated by Remington............I'M NOT!...........We were all adult enough, to take their unethical treatment, and we did,...............'cuz we knew we were right, and on the "High Road".

BUT!..........Remington has built CRAP to offer consumers in the market..........OK, not all of it, but Most of it.....................And I bet I could find "issues" with even the so called good ones............

Henry and Uberti must be gaining a lot weight, eating Remington's and Marlin's lunch...............

OP, get a refund, and shop for another manufacturer's rifle, or a pre 2010 Marlin............

Sorry for your distress, but it may serve as a lesson to others..............12 years after acquiring Marlin, and 10 years of trying to build Marlins on their own *, ..............they deserve to go out of business, now..............

* We in North Haven were told by Joe Gross Rem COO (at the closing) "These rifles are easy to build........... They can be built anywhere, buy anybody"...........I think that he may have even said Monkeys could build them.........Oh, Joe....you wuz so smart...........

Tom
    You can take the wrong person who can put together a perfectly made batch of parts and end up with crap, or you can take a pile of crap and a craftsman can make it in to a fine firearm.

When you have corporate raiders they are only interested in getting what they can out of the company before they dump it. I just hope these companies can recover before they fail completely and go away.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    The little QR square and the serial number on the receiver tells Management exactly where that gun was built. It's been tracked start to finish. If Remington Outdoor really cared, they can know every person that touched that firearm.

That's just not sloppy work, that's Criminal Negligence. Something that poorly made can blow up.
    Tomray, gunscrewguy and Travlin like this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Dear Friends.......if you are considering spending hundreds of dollars on a Marlin .....please......please.....buy an inspected JM......almost the same price....night and day percentage difference in QC.....it's not a perfect answer....there are good Remlins and bad JM's......but if you are playing the odds...and inspecting the weapon first......please buy a JM......they also preserve their value forever.
    Ret_Eng, JACKTW, turbobug and 4 others like this.
    2004 JM Marlin 1895 GS 45-70/Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8
    Weatherby Vanguard 2 Stainless 270 Win/Leupold VX1(3-9)
    Ruger SS GP100 357m 4.2"
    Weihrauch HW-30 .177 Air Rifle

Deadeye
    Member #
    I was considering a Remlin , not anymore
    94win30wcf and gunscrewguy like this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Do you have any fired cases from ammo you shot through that rifle? If so, it would be interesting to take a look at those.
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links