Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Yup, good grief!
    gunscrewguy likes this.

"met God en die Mauser"

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobug View Post
    wo wo ,don't send it back, you have a take down version at the cost of the regular gun ,what luck!
    turbodog you should be the Marlin salesman....................might get a free take down rifle of your own................
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguvna View Post
    turbodog you should be the Marlin salesman....................might get a free take down rifle of your own................
    but it might be wrapped around his head by an irate customer that knows Marlins.
    Marlinjunkie and gunscrewguy like this.
    My avatar is in Honor of my Great Grandfather , Corporal J.M. Johnston , who fought for the Confederate 36th Regiment , Company H , Heavy Artillery & who was captured by the Union at Fort Fisher, NC on Jan. 15 1865 at @ 10:00PM.

God, Guns, and Guts Made America Free.

At Any Cost Keep All Three !

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    The assembly cell gets 135 seconds to build the rifle. I'm not sure if the cell receives a barrelled action, or the 135 is starting from scratch. Best to disassemble any new firearm, clean up the dust, dirt, assembly lube, metal shavings, etc etc before shooting. This goes for any brand of gun. I always do it even to used guns as soon as I get them home. It's smart to clean and inspect the barrel for blockages.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Wrangler
    Member #
    Wonder if they have any sort of tracking on a gun as it is built? Someone should be out of a job for that one. That's not just sloppy work, that's someone who purposely rigged up a gun to push it down the line. Whoever built that should be fired immediately, along with whomever checked it before it went into a box (if anyone did).

That was a ticking time bomb.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bgavin View Post
    I shoot cowboy, so Henry is out, and for valid reasons.
    I don't shoot cowboy, so please enlighten me as to why a Henry is not a legitimate replacement. I'm a bit confused I guess, "gimebakmybulits" is the OP sending his gun back, right? Do you also have one going back "bgavin"?

Whoever is sending the gun back to Marlin for repairs, I really hope you take the advice above and get a full refund. Then you can find a JM ........ (or Henry if it's not for cowboy?) Best of luck to you both.
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    Team 444 Marlin - Love My T4!
    Team 22 Magnum - # 42
    Team 30-30 - # 897
    Team 35 - #501

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepwm69 View Post
    Wonder if they have any sort of tracking on a gun as it is built? Someone should be out of a job for that one. That's not just sloppy work, that's someone who purposely rigged up a gun to push it down the line. Whoever built that should be fired immediately, along with whomever checked it before it went into a box (if anyone did).

That was a ticking time bomb.

^^^^THIS!

This is an iron clad case demonstrating Remington's intentions, their very soul, so to speak. Push marketing propaganda via gun rags of precision CNC machine work, eluding to quality, and when they machine a receiver amounting to a TURD, Jerry rig to pass it off on an unsuspecting customer. It bothers Remington not one iota taking folks hard earned dollars who purchase in good faith. If Remington can slip one by, and the customer not figure it out so it doesn't return, or worse, detonate while firing it, perfectly acceptable.

How can anyone have an ounce of faith in Remington's supposed quality control with their intentions demonstrated in this example?

I'll never roll the dice with any Remington product.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I'll tell you who should be fired, it's the management that forces them to spit out a rifle every 135 seconds, there is no time to do the job correctly.
    They are just slapping them together at breakneck speed.
    The employees are prob punished financially if they don't make the ridiculous quotas.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kraynky View Post
    I don't shoot cowboy, so please enlighten me as to why a Henry is not a legitimate replacement.
    The HBB simply does not shoot as fast as the Marlin or the 1873 (toggle-link) actions.
    They also have a well known higher rate of jams when running at race speed.
    Depending on the model, the HBB is about a full pound heavier.

For most cowboys, the '73 toggle-link is the preferred action.
    It is literally butter-smooth, fast and very reliable.
    Winchester is near race-ready right out of the box, but parts are scarce.
    The Uberti needs a bit more work to be race ready.
    Life NRA Member; Annual GOA Member, VCDL Member, SASS #108882
    "When I'm dead, I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them."
    Marlin 1894CB, Ruger SASS and Bisley Vaqueros, Bisley Single-Six, Charles Daly 500, Henry Frontier

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links