Misguided Guide Gun - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Misguided Guide Gun

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    The owner of my LGS likes to show me Remlins that he is sending back. The best was the rifle that would not close on the first cycle. Nobody could have inspected this rifle.
    shawlerbrook, rx7dryver and JACKTW like this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Risch View Post
    The owner of my LGS likes to show me Remlins that he is sending back. The best was the rifle that would not close on the first cycle. Nobody could have inspected this rifle.
    Don't they have to fire it with SAAMI proof test ammunition before applying the proof mark? Is that a law, or am I wrong on this?
    JACKTW likes this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Wrangler
    Member #
    Too many niced used JM's available locally and nationally on line for me to cave in and buy a Remlin. Even if they figure out the mechanics I still cant stomach the current checkering.
    buckeyeshooter likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Risch View Post
    Yep, I've had two 1895's do just that on the first cycle of the lever, they just walk them to the back room.

Quote Originally Posted by rob42049 View Post
    Don't they have to fire it with SAAMI proof test ammunition before applying the proof mark? Is that a law, or am I wrong on this?
    Well, Remington's QC used to be they inspect one rifle our of the production run, if it looks good, the entire run was passed. Could it be they do the same with test firing for proof mark?

Jack
    rob42049 likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gunscrewguy View Post
    Those CNC machines do what the programmer tells it to do do, and the tool set up folks are entwined as well. Then there's the gauges that tell the inspector (who may be overworked or non existent) to pass the part to the debur department who are typically the lowest paid in the plant. Some one or some ones are not doing a job that the customers should not bear.

"EEnspection, wee doen need noo enspection!

AC
    Yep, kinda my point. Even CNC machines take people who know what they are doing to the extent they known/recognize the machine is not right; not doing what it is supposed to be. If they don't, or are told not to, they'll take whatever comes off the machine and send it down the line. You can fill a position, but you canot duplicate skilled/experienced humans.
    I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links