Marlin 1894 44 Mag, Loading gate screw breaking - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Marlin 1894 44 Mag, Loading gate screw breaking

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Numrich arms...
    hairball likes this.
    Always better to carry "too much" gun and too many cartridges...
    Marlin 1894SS(2009), Marlin 1894(1975), Winchester 1886 Ultralight rifle(1910), Springfield Trapdoor carbine(1880), Sharps carbine(1863), Savage 99 358 Winchester.
    I like big calibers

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hairball View Post
    Thanks Jack, I didn't get much of a chance to see if the other problems were resolved, Only put 15 rounds through it before the screw broke the last time. But those 15 rounds run really well. I started to think that maybe they got it right the last time. Just getting tired of the B S. Guess I just need to calm down and fix it myself.

Well, it's understandable to get a tad ticked off. I wouldn't hesitate installing an RPP loading gate, they're a big improvement over factory.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

GFK
    Deadeye
    Member #
    Sorry about your situation. I have a 2016 336W that the screw broke in 2017. I ordered a new screw (Midway USA I think) and ask Marlin to send me a screw and loading gate. I also bought a Henry H009. It just seemed a shame that a $4 part could mess up hunting season. So, I bought the Henry as a backup. So far, the screw has not broken since. But, it is nice having a backup.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    "One man's rights end where another man's rights begin." Dad

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks Bill, Do you know how I can tell which model 1894 I have? Mine just says 1894 44mag>
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2311 View Post
    Numrich arms...

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    If it is blued, just 1894. Stainless is 1894SS.
    You can also try Brownell's and ask to talk with a tech.
    hairball likes this.
    Always better to carry "too much" gun and too many cartridges...
    Marlin 1894SS(2009), Marlin 1894(1975), Winchester 1886 Ultralight rifle(1910), Springfield Trapdoor carbine(1880), Sharps carbine(1863), Savage 99 358 Winchester.
    I like big calibers

Sidewinder
    Member #
    hairball likes this.
    Team 45-70 # 1808 - Marlin 1985GBL 45-70
    Team 444 # 776 - 444 Marlin
    Team 1894 # 555 - Marlin 1894 44 Mag / 44 Spl. & Marlin 1894 357 Mag / 38 Spl.
    Team 30-30 # 1361 - Marlin 336BL 30-30​

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Bought this rifle brand new two years ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. I have sent it back to Ilion NY twice for warranty work. Got it back the last time a month ago and after only 15 rounds the loading gate spring screw broke for the third time. Called customer service several times before talking with someone. They said I could send it back again or they would send me a new screw and gate. I ask if they could just refund my money because I was vary dissatisfied with there product and there customer service, They told me NO, so I ask to speak to a supervisor. He said no problem and transferred me to a full mailbox. Vary Frustrated!
    Anyway it looks like I'm stuck with this rifle and it's problems. Marlin can't fix it, I can't shoot it, and I can't in good conscious sell this to anyone.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the screw from breaking?

Other problems Iv'e had, Front sight coming loose, Action binding, action jamming and more.

Thanks for letting me RANT!
    Lemonington, get the part replace it and sell it and get a jm
    hairball likes this.
    "That wasn't shootin, that was killin" -- Rafe Covington

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeshooter View Post
    Lemonington, get the part replace it and sell it and get a jm
    So what is a jm?
    Scorpiusb likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    So what is a jm?
    JM is the proof stamp that North Haven, CT Marlin plant used and stands for John Marlin. So when you see a JM proof stamp, you know your buying a Marlin that was produced by NH craftsmen.

Remington bought out Marlin and in 2010 closed the NH plant, fired all the craftsmen, and moved operations to Illion, NY. They replaced all those craftsmen with low wage assemblers that are given under 3 minutes to assemble a Marlin rifle. Their proof stamp is REP.

It's all documented here in the RANT FORUM. I suggest starting your adventure here:
    Marlin...............The real truth

Jack
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    hairball I had a problem like that in the early 70's with a winchester shotgun, a screw broke 3 times the smith got mad drilled and tapped two bigger screws in , no more problem. Like Jack says Rpp can help.
    rob42049 likes this.
    What this country needs is a department of common sense! The tree of liberty would be a great place for hang mans ropes!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team Wheel gun # 74
    Team 22 bolt action # 5

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links