Marlin 1894 44 Mag, Loading gate screw breaking - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Marlin 1894 44 Mag, Loading gate screw breaking

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    welcome from upstate ny. sorry to hear about your rifle. ranger point can help you. best of luck.
    gunscrewguy and Marlinjunkie like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hairball View Post
    Ain't that the truth.
    Thank you all for your help. While I own more then a few firearms, some for protection and some for hunting and collecting. I always wanted a lever action (you know the cowboy thing). To bad my first lever gun turned out to be a lemon! By far the worst firearm Iv'e ever owned. Remington ruined a good company and a good name and I will never purchase there products again. Might as well make them in China!!
    I have also given up on all things Remington.
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lever Jac View Post
    I have also given up on all things Remington.
    Slight detour on this thread:

What I've been seeing later on Remington shotguns looks good. I may be missing something?

AC

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Marlinjunkie likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to Marlin Owners, hairball. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with your Marlin. It's a shame when you spend money in good faith and get a lemon.

Other problems I've had, Front sight coming loose, Action binding, action jamming and more.
    Are you still having problems with the action binding/jamming and can you elaborate on whatever other troubles you're experiencing? Or have these problems been resolved?

If they have then what others recommended replacing the loading gate with a Ranger Point Precision loading gate would solve your problems.

If not, I have a contact in Marlin tech that will take care of your rifles problems or get it replaced. If you'd like his contact info send me a PM.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Marlinjunkie likes this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Oh crap...my PTSD!!!!
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets. 23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffletop View Post
    Thanks, These are much more entertaining then talking to Marlin Or whoever they are.
    Waffletop and Marlinjunkie like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    A new firearm should not be a kit/project gun unless it is sold that way. I had my own experience with an 1895G that took Ranger Point Precision breathing over it to make it something I am proud to own back when they did custom smithing. It’s encouraging to hear more stories from people that report that Remarlington is increasing the number of good guns they produce but clearly they’re not nearly up to pre-takeover quality. I can’t see ever buying another that I can’t take out and put a couple hundred trouble free rounds through. Sad, really.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    Welcome to Marlin Owners, hairball. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with your Marlin. It's a shame when you spend money in good faith and get a lemon.

Are you still having problems with the action binding/jamming and can you elaborate on whatever other troubles you're experiencing? Or have these problems been resolved?

If they have then what others recommended replacing the loading gate with a Ranger Point Precision loading gate would solve your problems.

If not, I have a contact in Marlin tech that will take care of your rifles problems or get it replaced. If you'd like his contact info send me a PM.

Jack
    Thanks Jack, I didn't get much of a chance to see if the other problems were resolved, Only put 15 rounds through it before the screw broke the last time. But those 15 rounds run really well. I started to think that maybe they got it right the last time. Just getting tired of the B S. Guess I just need to calm down and fix it myself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links