My new imported 1894CSBL - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: My new imported 1894CSBL

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Thank you for sharing. While I am not surprised at the quality I was surprised at the price you paid. I myself bought a new Remington made 308MX and while it had a lot or issues that I had to fix it was a 549 dollar price for me and since I wanted it to match my 338MX I kept it after test firing it. You must do a full strip and deburr all the sharp edges off of the parts and clean out all the metal shavings inside the receiver. I polished the hammer spring strut and that makes the hammer pull back smooth even with a stock spring. Fortunately, my Remlin was an accurate shooter and feeds and extracts with no issues (That is why I kept it). I did have to totally strip and refinish with Tru-Oil all the wood. It looks very decent now.
    Did you check the bore ?? Mine was good and smooth. I've seen some new ones that looked really rough in the bore.
    Gareth Holland likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    This is in response to Tomrays question; I bought one because I wanted a 336Y. They're hard to find with a JM on them.
    Team 30-30 #1441
    Team 32 Special #166

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Good news, I spoke to the importer today and we have , apparently, a 10 day turnaround warranty service with a UK service agent for remington. At this point I'm happy... time will tell when I send it off
    Scorpiusb, GFK, miket156 and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    I hate to think it might be happening, but the first thing I thought is that Remlin is sending defective units returned by US customers, to customers in other countries that might not realize the poor quality or might not go to the trouble of returning the unit, especially if it was difficult to obtain to begin with.

I'm not glad you received a poor quality gun, but I am glad you recognized it and glad to see you are getting it rectified.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Redbone View Post
    I hate to think it might be happening, but the first thing I thought is that Remlin is sending defective units returned by US customers, to customers in other countries that might not realize the poor quality or might not go to the trouble of returning the unit, especially if it was difficult to obtain to begin with.
    That's exactly what my dad said!.. let's hope not

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    A little upate: the company tasked with remington/marlin warranty repairs has had my gun for 2 weeks now and is waiting on reply from remington on what to do with it 😥 very disappointed at this stage

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull moose View Post
    This is in response to Tomrays question; I bought one because I wanted a 336Y. They're hard to find with a JM on them.
    Yes, .........Marlin 336Y's of any kind (NH CT or Ilion NY) are hard to find, but they are easy to build, or have built, with a good donor rifle...........
    The only difficult part of building one would be to acquire and fit the shorter forearm, but using a std length forearm will allow you more choices in furniture..........Both now and in the future.

Tom
    Doubletap and Gareth Holland like this.
    NRA LIFE
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisdonald View Post
    A little upate: the company tasked with remington/marlin warranty repairs has had my gun for 2 weeks now and is waiting on reply from remington on what to do with it 😥 very disappointed at this stage
    Very sorry you are dealing with this and hope it turns out for the good.
    MMC(SS), Retired
    USSVI life member
    American Legion
    NRA Benefactor member

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Ok, after almost a month I have my gun back. My dad has it at the moment so I wont see it till tomorrow. My dad has cycled some dummy rounds through and it still has feeding issues.
    I spoke with Riflecraft, who have the warranty contract for Remington and Marlin in the UK, and I'm sorely disappointed with their service. I think they are repairing to a profit. They shortened the mag tube but did not replace the mag tube stud which had been filed down at factory. I asked why they didnt replace it and they openly admitted to just repairing whenever possible. I said that I bought the rifle, speculating it as a future classic which will hold value and that I wanted it perfect, seeing as I paid top dollar only a few months ago. They point blank refused. So not only did they shorten the mag tube to fit the bad stud, thereby not solving the problem if I fit a new stud, but they did not address the feed issue, which was the main reason i sent the rifle back. Anyone in the UK considering using Riflecraft should take note here of not only their failure to address the issues i pointed out, but, also their customer service left me feeling as i was putting them out by telling them what issues I wanted addressed. It felt like a case of 'WE are the experts and WE will tell YOU what's wrong with your gun'!
    The good news is that the importer, Raytrade, is happy to stand by their products, and has earmarked a brand new rifle for me in the new year when the next batch clears customs. There has only been 300 of these imported by raytrade so far, and I believe that number will not be far off the total in the UK.

Anyway, heres hoping my new gun in january is perfect.

Either I got a friday gun, or they are shipping the apprentices failures over here to the UK!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Donald, if raytrade let you down and I am not saying they will its time for trading standards to get involved as the last result. All the best Gareth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links