On Sale and out of stock.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: On Sale and out of stock.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

On Sale and out of stock.

I swear Freedom Group is like a ship adrift. A ship without a captain...

I have been trying to get ahold of an XT-22 bolt action. I want either the stainless or the Varmint model...

They are out of stock *everywhere*... None of the distributors have them or can get them.... None of the stores can get them including larger chains....

And yet I see that they just went "on sale" in several places....

Which also don't have any in stock. Nobody has any except for the wood/blue base model.

Not only that - but many Remington models also went on sale.....

THAT AREN'T IN STOCK ANYWHERE EITHER

Apparently NOBODY at Freedom Group is acquainted with this little known fact of Capitalism:

And this is going to come as a shock to many here: You have to sell stuff to make money....

It's like nobody in the leadership of Freedom Group has been to a gun store and talked with anybody....
    Nobody from Freedom Group has talked to distributors to find out WHY they can't sell any.....

IT'S BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ANY TO SELL...

Plenty of Savages. Plenty of Rugers... Plenty of ALL the other brands.
    NOTHING made by Remlin/Freedom group.

Nothing says you have to stay in business if you don't want to.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I'm noticing that my distributor gets Marlins in 'waves', so there must be a production schedule....currently I only see standard XT-22's in stock and they are not on sale! There is currently nothing available to me right now in levers either, except for some cowboy models....which don't sell as well as standard rifles, so I don't stock many of them!
    Hang in there, they will get around to making more....Marlin tells me by end of second quarter or beginning of 3rd quarter we should see more rifles hitting the distributors!
    Cheers!
    Mazer
    Last edited by mazer; 05-14-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Lots of Marlins!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Maybe so - but this is coming into PEAK 22lr season for most folks. It sure is for me.... Spring and summer is Fun Shooting season - which means it's time to burn up some 22's.

I get that Q3-Q4 is The Big Time for High Power rifles - aka Hunting Season and then Christmas.... And Q1 probably sees almost no sales anywhere - Christmas thru Easter is pretty cold/horrible in most of the US and most folks aren't shooting much....

But 22 season is HERE NOW!!!!

And there aren't any Marlin 22's for sale....
    mazer likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Yea, I'm out of 22's at the moment, will be stocking up in a few weeks, probably going to get the Henry levers or maybe the Browning or Mossberg levers in 22LR...depends who has the best deal! Most of the best pricing (package deals) for me comes in the next 2 months or so.
    M1Riflenut likes this.
    Lots of Marlins!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Think about how crazy this is..... Remlin/Freedom Group is out of stock for tax return season.... People get their tax money back and can't buy a Remlin..... Well - that money is going to be spent somewhere - but not with them....

But speaking of a crying shame.... They have the most popular and longest running lever action 22 in the US and they won't even make them... It's a competitive market - people won't wait on you... They will buy from somebody else. So here you are - a dealer - and you are going to be stocking up on Henrys and Brownings because you can't get a Marlin or Remington....

But reading between the lines.....

Maybe I ought to stay away from a new Stainless or Varmint model right about now.... The sales with nothing in stock may well be an indicator that they are trying to clear out the remaining leavings of the old stock before the new stuff comes in. Maybe wait till they show back up at the distributors/gun shops to make a move...

Groan...
    mazer likes this.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by truckjohn View Post

But speaking of a crying shame.... They have the most popular and longest running lever action 22 in the US and they won't even make them... It's a competitive market - people won't wait on you... They will buy from somebody else.
    It's not a matter of won't make them. They CAN'T make them. The level of expertise and refinement necessary to make a 39 is beyond Remington Outdoor Group. Besides, they scrapped that production machinery brought from Connecticut in their CAD/CAM upgrade. Gone forever.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Think about how crazy this is..... Remlin/Freedom Group is out of stock for tax return season.... People get their tax money back and can't buy a Remlin..... Well - that money is going to be spent somewhere - but not with them....

But speaking of a crying shame.... They have the most popular and longest running lever action 22 in the US and they won't even make them... It's a competitive market - people won't wait on you... They will buy from somebody else. So here you are - a dealer - and you are going to be stocking up on Henrys and Brownings because you can't get a Marlin or Remington....

Maybe I ought to stay away from a new Stainless or Varmint model right about now.... The sales with nothing in stock may well be an indicator that they are trying to clear out the remaining leavings of the old stock before the new stuff comes in. Maybe wait till they show back up at the distributors/gun shops to make a move...

Groan...
    Sounds pretty stupid. I wonder if they can hire back some old marlin employees to fix the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1983 Marlin 444S
    Mark X Mauser .30-06

Site Contributor & Team 444 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #
    They make the 39.....just costs 3 Gs on special order from the "custom" shop.
    Arky73, rob42049, PaPow and 1 others like this.
    TO ARMS!!
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS
    "The only chance you get to do it right....is the first time."

There are Rules...Read Them!! CYA.....Cover your ass!
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/s...ite-rules.html

Contributing Member
    Member #

Groan...
    Actually what is REALLY crazy is that there are ZERO Marlin lever guns in any caliber available right now! I can't even get a 30-30! So I get what there is available, so I buy Mossbergs, Brownings....now Henry's in calibers other than .22LR...because when someone comes to me for a levergun I need something to sell! I'd prefer a used JM Marlin, or a Remlin....but hey...this is business, so having something is better than nothing!
    I WISH RemMarlin could produce a good 39A again, because I would stock up on them! But it is what it is.
    mazer
    rob42049 likes this.
    Lots of Marlins!

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mazer View Post
    I'm noticing that my distributor gets Marlins in 'waves', so there must be a production schedule....currently I only see standard XT-22's in stock and they are not on sale! There is currently nothing available to me right now in levers either, except for some cowboy models....which don't sell as well as standard rifles, so I don't stock many of them!
    Hang in there, they will get around to making more....Marlin tells me by end of second quarter or beginning of 3rd quarter we should see more rifles hitting the distributors!
    Cheers!
    Mazer
    Sounds like they have been taking "promise" lessons from Rossi. Rossi pulled this stuff several years ago--the 92 lever actions would be available at the end of/beginning of (fill in quarter here). Never happened. Still waiting. When a manufacturer forecasts production, I remain skeptical until they are actually on the market.

At least Henry had side-loading gate lever guns available before they promised them (at least before I heard about them).
    Travlin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links