Marlin...............The real truth - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree328Likes

Thread: Marlin...............The real truth

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Tom, I've learned a lot from you over the time I've been with MO. I've really enjoyed the insight you're always willing to share.

Thanks to you for putting it all in one document and to Jack for making it a sticky. Hopefully, this will put some of the bad rumors to bed, and if not, folks can just be directed to the sticky.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VFW Life Member
    AMVETS Life Member
    101st Airborne Division Assoc. Life Member

Banned
    Member #
    There's a lot of hate for Remington, but what happened to them is just as sad. Marlin and Remington are my two favorite gun makers, and neither one makes anything I really want to buy any more. Maybe someday they'll both be good, strong companies again making high-quality, lawyer-free guns.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Thanks for that information Tom. I will definitely hang on to your summation.
    Team 35 Remington #675
    Team 1894 #477
    Team 444 #724
    Team Henry #81
    Team Wheelguns #20

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Thanks for the post. Anyone reading it can tell it came from the heart.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

Contributing Member
    Member #
    This thread got me thinking about what happened to Ithaca. After it's collapse another company like Remlin took over the Ithaca name failed miserably with bad quality. From what I see and read the new Ithaca 37 is a real winner and is a high quality outfit.

I would like to see something similar happen for the return of a real Marlin.

AC
    Last edited by gunscrewguy; 11-27-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Its really a shame when you look at it.Pride in America was a huge thing when I was growing up in the late 50's early 60's.If I'm not mistaken the Kenna family purchased the Marlin gun co. when times were bad,owned it for all those years and always tried to make nothing but the best product they could,nothing but sucess for their company and employees. AMF bought Harley in the 60's just to almost destroy it for quick profits,it came back stronger than ever when the employees bought it back.Again thats why Ive taken such a liking to Henry these days.They are a family type business,made in America pride .........I still think the true Marlin guns are the best guns ever........My thanks to the Kenna Family and all of its great employees.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by truckjohn View Post
    Tom,

You have painted a sad but accurate picture of the current decline of American Industry. Cerberus is by no means alone in itís pursuits - itís just simply another player in the game. Itís happening across the entire US Industry. With itís prevalence - one would think that this is a concerted effort by outsiders to break the back of the USAís market dominance worldwide by focusing our own efforts on destroying our own companies for the benefit of outsiders and their nations.

The business division I work for just got sold off to one of those big Capital Asset Management firms after being bled dry by our parent company for the past 10 years. We are #1 in our industry worldwide - but we are in a poor position for the future with crumbling infrastructure and no investment into intellectual property or R&D for the past 10 years. Itís really sad to see it in so many sectors of US Business that the basic focus has moved away from Operations and Sales to a focus on Finance, Legal, and tax accounting departments.

I have friends who work in another big company and the story is the same there too. The Big Company bleeds them dry and then pawns them off on some miscellaneous capital holding company - who plans to do the same thing.
    Just to reinforce this statement, it seems that, from my experience, this is the "new and improved" way to run a company. Total disregard for the workers, and push for quantity, not quality at any price. Those with old school work ethics are eventually forced out or otherwise gotten rid of. While most of us reasonable people see this as extremely short sighted, it does appear top be the "new normal". Truly a sad state of affairs.

Site Contributor & Team 444 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #
    Thanks Tom, as always, your input is valued.
    TO ARMS!!
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS
    "The only chance you get to do it right....is the first time."

There are Rules...Read Them!! CYA.....Cover your ass!
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/s...ite-rules.html

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Thanks for your insight Tom ,very interesting. I have a nice collection of JM's that I will not part with.
    Dave.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks so much for the enlightening and sadly, disheartening explanation regarding the demise of one of the truly great firearms company’s. I will hold my old Marlin lever guns close.
    gunscrewguy and shawlerbrook like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links