Alzheimer’s Disease - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Alzheimer’s Disease

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    This thread is like me, a bit long in the tooth. However Alzheimers seems to be more prevalent today than ever.
    I am not sure that its because MY WIFE has the disease, but everyone you talk to knows a family member or close friend that has this devastating disease.
    My wife has all sort of trouble with everyday functions and is starting to find it difficult to select the word she is looking for,
    We have a Govt programme called National Disability Support which funds support care in the home, this is in the early stage of 'care' so we will see what happens.
    My thoughts go to those that are caring for someone with Alzheimers, though it difficult for us to deal with, I would hate to be the person with it.
    Please feel free to add you story and SOLUTIONS for caring for an Alzheimers effected person.

GUS
    dkonrai likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    My wife and I have been caring for her mom for the last 6 years, she was diagnosed about a year before my in-laws moved in with us. My wife's grandmother also had the disease,which has my wife worried she is 52 now, from what I have read there seems to be a higher instance of the disease in women over men but who knows.Mother in law loved to quilt and sew now all she does is take really nice fabric and cut it up too small for anything more practical than cleaning patches for guns.
    whiskers and 44-40 Willy like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links