1946 model 36A - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1946 model 36A

Wrangler
    Member #
    If IRC, there are more than a few Model 36 SC's (sporting carbine) around with a 36A marked barrel. Marlin is semi-famous for using what was available, especially at the end of a model's run. I've owned several 36A's with ADL marked barrels for instance. A close up of the muzzle end of the barrel might show if it was cut down with an aftermarket sight put on, but I'd lean toward the use of an A barrel factory cut down and installed on an SC. Nice rifle by the way!
    M1Riflenut likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I have to say I’m a bit confused on what I have here.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks double tap it’s my first square bolt. Have 10 round bolts and can’t wait to shoot this one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
    If IRC, there are more than a few Model 36 SC's (sporting carbine) around with a 36A marked barrel. Marlin is semi-famous for using what was available, especially at the end of a model's run. I've owned several 36A's with ADL marked barrels for instance. A close up of the muzzle end of the barrel might show if it was cut down with an aftermarket sight put on, but I'd lean toward the use of an A barrel factory cut down and installed on an SC. Nice rifle by the way!
    That's the way mine is marked.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    You have a 36SC and during that era it was not uncommon to see all sorts of odd rollstamps on barrels. I've seen numerous 36A's with 36ADL marked barrels. Also seen carbines and SC's with 36A marked barrels. I've always thought that a rollstamp got broken and they just grabbed another to keep going until the correct stamp got replaced.
    As for later guns with earlier barrels, that's just as common. When a model was replaced as in the 36 to 336, Marlin simply kept using up their stock of barrels until they were gone and correctly marked barrels began to be used.
    Old Marlins, and Single Shot Rifles!
    http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks for all the great insight into this rifle, every time I think I know a bit about Marlins I realize there is so much more to learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links