Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Marlin Stock Certificate

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Shootin Iron 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife asked me to dig up one of our children birth certificates this morning, and as I was digging I came across an item I almost forgot I had.

In 1930, Marlin offered a plan where a person could purchase four shares of marlin stock for $25/share and receive a free rifle or shotgun of there choice.
The choices included the Model 50 .22, the model 39, the models 37, 38, and 47 .22 pump rifles, the model 410 lever action, and the model 42A, 43A, 44A and the
model 63 12 gauge shogun. Apparently around about 2270 sportmen took marlin up on there offer. I'm sure several of you may have one of these certificates.

I figured I would share the one I have, perhaps some of you have not seen one before. This one was purchased in 1930 and redeemed in 1942.
I didn't have time or I would have pulled it from the protective sleeve and unfolded it and snapped another photo (maybe tomorrow)

I used to have a nice 30's era 410 lever but passed it on....perhaps a good thread to post photos of your possible stock option gun....

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
It's interesting that it was transferred to Frank Kenna, who would have been the president of Marlin at the time.

Reactions: oodmoff
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.