• 3 Post By BuckyBadger
  • 1 Post By Levergun
  • 3 Post By miket156
  • 1 Post By Levergun

Thread: 2018 hunting seasons??????

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Smile 2018 hunting seasons??????

Well, so far my bow season was a bust. Found cows and no bulls... no bugles and minimal mews. Most of the areas I was in last year that held lots of elk, and we pulled a 5 point bull out of the year before, were like ghost towns. I think the wolf pressure, hunting pressure and all the road activity from the fires we had up here pushed the herds into canyons I am not familiar with. Anyway, still had fun being in the woods and now in Oct, I need to scout about for elk while rifle hunting for deer until my rifle elk season opens the end of this month.

Here are a couple pics of me, one at camp and one next to this HUGE red fir we found on our descent down the ridge top.
    3128.jpeg
    3130.jpeg
    Last edited by Dawei; 10-03-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Since I destroyed my knee in March, coming back from it has taken a lot longer then I anticipated. I'm relegated to just WI deer this year, although my hunting buddy wants me to come to his place in KY and hunt his property. Never been there to hunt. So, I just may do that and also fill him in on our moose hunt for next year. I really miss not being able to hit the big woods this fall. Good luck with the rest of your seasons.
    Nothing is impossible......for the person that don't have to do it !!

Benefactor Member NRA

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Gun season opened up here several weeks ago but it is still too hot and buggy for me. Hoping to get out some in November and December like last year when it finally cools down some. Still in the mid 70s most mornings here.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Here in Northern Idaho the temp in the morning has been anywhere from 32 to 50! Highs during the day have been 60-68, so not bad. My rifle deer season does not open until the 10th.

Gonna go up this Saturday to fall one more tree for winter, I think it is going to be a long winter. Then I am going to scout for elk during my deer season.

Bucky Badger,

Sorry to hear about your knee. Hope you still have fun during your season/s.
    smoke-eater likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Bucky, I'm right there with you. Had my rt. knee replaced on July 24th. Still off from work, still in physical therapy 3x per week.
    Bow season is here in NJ, and I just can't sit back and think of it passing me by. We can bowhunt whitetails here until January 31st, so I'm not giving up on this. I will get out there!
    Team 45-70 #1860
    NRA
    United Bowhunters of N.J.
    Salem County Sportsmens Club
    Life Member, Past Chief Harrisonville Fire Co.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Way hot here. Let 5 does walk at 15 yards Monday morning. Already had meat in the freezer from a doe my SIL shot last week.
    Your reputation is what men say about you on your tombstone, your character is what the angels proclaim about you before the throne of God!

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Lightbulb

As they say, a day in the woods is better than any day at work. Getting out and Scouting for game sign, doing so in an organized manner in order to cover the most ground is a good investment of time. Not all hunting seasons end in a Harvest. In my Senior years, I don't worry about it all too much, I am grateful that I am able to get out, go to the range to practice, and hang out with other old people, enjoy fresh air, and get some exercise.

I know people that say they're bored. Why? No hobbies, no interests, no exercise. Anyone that relies on Television for entertainment has already missed the boat.

Mike T.
    Last edited by miket156; 10-04-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    maki00, Vooch and smoke-eater like this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I know people that say they're bored. Why? No hobbies, no interests, no exercise. Anyone that relies on Television for entertainment has already missed the boat.

Agreed 100%!!
    miket156 likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links