Lining in holsters....I've said this for years! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Lining in holsters....I've said this for years!

Sidewinder
    Eastern Panhandle, West (By Gawd) Virginia
    Member #

Re: Lining in holsters....I've said this for years!

I agree as well, with one exception. I like a thin leather lining on those hard plastic (kydex??) holsters. At least to me, that makes them a bit quieter and smoother. But on the whole, I don't like plastic holsters anyway.

I'll eventually be ordering a Silver Dollar Pancake from Rob for my new SP101. Need a new job, first!

B
    - Bruce
    336W, 1894c, G'field M60, PT1911SS, GP100, SP101, B92F, LCP, H&R949, M'berg 500.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rap Scallion View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I am a regular on several other gun sites, mostly CAS and gunsmithing. I just got a 1895 CS rifle in 45-70, thanks to George W giving me some of my money back! My part to stimulate the economy! So I'll be asking some Marlin specific questions along the line. I am also a big NEF/H&R fan and have more than my share of the single shots!

I am still making CAS Cowboy and hunting leather. Mostly for friends and word of mouth customers, I do projects for other CAS shooters and donate items to my club shoots. Nothing professional, don't want to spoil a good hobby! Most of my leather crafting is self taught and learning from experience.......I have cut out several left handed holsters by accident, but then I have several lefty friends!

I'm a Marine Viet Nam Vet and am retired fully now.......way too much time on my hands to play! I am a SASS, NRA, TSRA member!

Rap Scallion
    Live Oak Texas
    First of all, I appreciate this information so thank you Lever & Rap. Secondly, who is "Rob" discussed below; is that Rap? Finally, read those letters in red above - man, does anyone else miss them days
    "You become what you think about." Earl Nightengale

"Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds you down or polishes you up depends upon what you are made of."

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I couldn't agree more. I've had lined and unlined and never noticed a difference.

Rob knows his stuff - I have one of Rob's holsters for my 44 Special -

Simply Rugged 44 Special.JPG

I've been thrilled with it, the gun belt I ordered with it, and I carry it regularly and will buying another soon.

Regards,

B
    Wyoming Dinger Ringer Association, emeritus Billy Dixon
    Team 35 #413
    Team 30-30 #848
    Team 45/70 #1019
    Team 32 Special #84
    Team 336-44 Magnum #1

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bbri4570 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I've had lined and unlined and never noticed a difference.

Rob knows his stuff - I have one of Rob's holsters for my 44 Special -

Simply Rugged 44 Special.JPG

I've been thrilled with it, the gun belt I ordered with it, and I carry it regularly and will buying another soon.

Regards,

B
    Rob who?
    "You become what you think about." Earl Nightengale

"Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds you down or polishes you up depends upon what you are made of."

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Rob Leahy, it was in the first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Levergun View Post
    This is a statement form a friend of mine and a holster maker up in Alaska, Some of you might even own one of his holsters, Rob Leahy, Owner of Simply Rugged Holsters. Simply Rugged Holsters ? Holsters, Gun Belts, Ammo Pouches and Accessories.
    Great stuff.

Regards,
    B
    Octogun likes this.
    Wyoming Dinger Ringer Association, emeritus Billy Dixon
    Team 35 #413
    Team 30-30 #848
    Team 45/70 #1019
    Team 32 Special #84
    Team 336-44 Magnum #1

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I am a home leather old retired military guy when I first decided to work with leather I went to Tandy in Louisville and they offered classes I was going to make a holster for my Ruger and when I asked the instructor about lining he said it was a waste of time and money. I guess he was right
    Life is hard its harder if your stupid - John Wayne

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Well,I glad to read that.(No liner) Of course this post is six years later. I always thought the guys who line their holsters knew more or were just that better than I do. I have done holsters that were 1/2 lined, but just for looks. The ones I make are just for my use, or the wife's for CAS shooting. I can't afford to buy gun leather, or boolits for that matter. Pounding on leather, well kinda soothes the soul.

Regards,
    Knarley
    Member NRA,Oath Keepers,DU,SASS,
    NOT ON OUR WATCH

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Thanks for the post.

Yes, 6 years old but still stands. I get this question asked to me over and over, not in here, but on the phone or emails.

As much as I shoot, I cannot afford to buy my bullets either, I cast and reload all my ammo for all my guns.

Have fun doing your leather work and if you want to post some of it here to check out, feel free!

God bless,
    Lever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links