Team .22 Magnum #114
    Team Bolt Action Rimfire #102
    Team Wheelguns #54
    Team 700 #5
    Team Semi-Auto #41
    Team Henry #106

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Mainly on my phone or tablet, but I do a tremendous amount of Internet work so when I say my desktop is my secondary, it's probably more traffic than most people put in on their primary mode.

That being said, I know my phone has issues with your site, it's not HTML5 compliant. Mobile Chrome is always asking me if I want to optimize the site. If it was, most modern browsers would be able to rescale the page correctly whether on a small or large screen.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    iPad and iPhone
    I love all God's creations, some are just better with gravy. Yes, God is good all the time.

1965 Glenfield Marlin 36G
    1971 Glenfield Marlin 30
    1948 Winchester 94
    01 Marlin 444
    Marlin 30A 38-55
    Marlin 1894 Cowboy 45 LC
    Henry Big Boy Steel carbine 41 mag. #18
    Henry Small Game Carbine 22lr
    Team 30-30 #457
    Team 444 #388
    Team 38-55
    Team Glenfield

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    New York, due to family ties. Never Forget 911
    Member #
    iMac.

Some times on the iPad, never on
    the iPhone.
    Last edited by Reload; 09-11-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    Travlin likes this.

Team 45-70 ~ #45
    Team 1894 ~ #86
    Team Browning ~ #41
    Team Old Pharts ~ #103

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Probably 9:1 PC:Android.

If you want to start targeting smart phones and tablets, I would recommend that the first browser you code update for is any browser that runs on a Chromium engine. Androids use Chrome and Apple products use Safari, both of which run on the Chromium engine. That will be at least 90% of the smartphone/tablet browser market, and probably north of 95%.

I feel for you. When I was a developer years ago, I hated having to customize code to accommodate just PC browsers (smart phones didn't exist 15 years ago, right), and back then, it was really only Chrome/Safari, Mozilla FF, and IE (of course, you sometimes had to customize based on version of IE, yet more PITA). I HATED with a red-hot passion front-end web development.

The software company i work for now...we still publish some products that have been in continuous release since about the year 2000, and for which Flash Player and JRE are still requirements. They're working towards converting to HTML 5, but our two big money-makers are both 5 million LOC or more.
    "If you can remember all of the guns you own, you don't have enough." -- Me

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." -- Col. Townsend Whelen

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I use my I-Phone and my desktop depending on where I am. When I'm on my I-Phone, I still prefer to use the desktop version and not the Enhanced Mobile View.

Posting pics had been an issue for me (hope this isn't "thread drift"). I was able to take pics with my digital camera, pull the card out of the camera and put it in the desktop computer, transfer the pic(s) to the computer, then get on MO, then transfer the pic(s) to MO, and then post them on MO with text. It was (at least for me) a PITA and my wife had to help me every time. Over Thanksgiving one of my adult children figured out, and then showed me, how to "toggle" back and forth between the Desktop Version and the Enhanced Mobile View on my I-Phone, and then how to post pic(s) taken with my I-Phone to MO while using the Enhanced Mobile View, and then go back to Desktop on my I-Phone 'cause I like that better. SO much easier posting a pic (taken with my I-Phone) via Enhanced Mobile View than it was posting a pic taken with my digital camera by way of my desktop computer!

Wrangler
    Member #
    I can't understand about 90% of what the Zim's post said.

Kindle Fire HD for surfing, PC for my writing, and a Dumbphone I keep on "silent" because of all the effin' spamming.

God, I hate the 21st century.
    Last edited by Holliday; 11-26-2017 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Intervening post prior to submission
    Travlin likes this.
    "Die the way you lived, all of a sudden, that's the way to go. Don't drag it out. Living like that doesn't mean a thing." ~ Public Enemies (2009)

Team .45/70 Member #1865, Team 30-30 Member #1390, Team 39 Member #490, Team Browning Member #143, Team Shotgun Member #122, Team Wheelgun Member #105, Team Semi-auto Member #70

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Holliday View Post
    I can't understand about 90% of what the Zim's post said.

Kindle Fire HD for surfing, PC for my writing, and a Dumbphone I keep on "silent" because of all the effin' spamming.

God, I hate the 21st century.
    Gotta take the good with the bad, Doc. I love the fact that I don't have to have a 6-8 week order cycle to buy reloading components like I'd have to do if there were no internet, that I can web surf to find the nearest store that has the powder that I want in stock, that the internet puts me in touch with a guy in TN who orders a load of LH Zastavas every year, and that I can talk to guys like you who I'd never know otherwise. Mankind has never had it so easy as we have it today.
    "If you can remember all of the guns you own, you don't have enough." -- Me

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." -- Col. Townsend Whelen

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Well I just joined the high tech world of smart phones and have to say, it is pretty convenient having the internet and txting. quick and easy. It is also showing me how others view my website at www.levergunleather.com and see what they see so I might be able to make some minor changes to make it more phone friendly. I am now understanding the questions I get on the phone that seem pretty obvious to me.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Levergun View Post
    How do you surf the web, on your smart phone or on a computer?

Thanks for your input.

Custom Leather Work Hand crafted by Lever;
    Desk top computer
    Nothing is impossible......for the person that don't have to do it !!

Benefactor Member NRA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links