drunk behind the wheel with a loaded gun!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: drunk behind the wheel with a loaded gun!

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #

drunk behind the wheel with a loaded gun!

if you are not "law enforcement" do you think you would have gotten the same treatment? no dui charges, and right back to work! I guess It is that blue privilege think, after all it is the thin blue line that divides us from them,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Not right that is for sure. Anyone else is going to get DUI big time. Looks like the town needs to clean up the police department starting at the top.

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    now I wonder how many tickets he will or has written for dui? funny how that works,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    That particular officer may have a problem. One doesn’t enter on duty and then consume alcohol to the point of passing out after he parks his unmarked vehicle in the median. If he was an alcoholic, he’d park in an area that would see little, if any, traffic. There’s probably more to the story but it probably won’t be aired.

Ya, he got preferential treatment but then again, sometimes a motorist will not get a citation if warranted.

In my opinion, that officer had to have one hell of a good reason in order to maintain his employment, as drinking on duty, driving official vehicle while intoxicated, losing consciousness due to consuming alcohol while on duty etc etc - that would get you fired on the spot in most LE departments.

He did get “punished” as being reduced in rank plus a few days in the hay probably amounted to $10,000.00 or more - as going from a corporal to patrolman is probably $3 to 6,000.00 a year and if time in grade before promotion eligibility is 3 or more years - Yup, big financial kick in the arse.
    M700 likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    if I ever get stopped for drunk driving I hope its by him, maybe we could just share a pint and be on our way.
    in all seriousness he needs help and I hope he gets it
    NewtoSkeet likes this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    That particular officer may have a problem. One doesn’t enter on duty and then consume alcohol to the point of passing out after he parks his unmarked vehicle in the median. If he was an alcoholic, he’d park in an area that would see little, if any, traffic. There’s probably more to the story but it probably won’t be aired.

Ya, he got preferential treatment but then again, sometimes a motorist will not get a citation if warranted.

In my opinion, that officer had to have one hell of a good reason in order to maintain his employment, as drinking on duty, driving official vehicle while intoxicated, losing consciousness due to consuming alcohol while on duty etc etc - that would get you fired on the spot in most LE departments.

He did get “punished” as being reduced in rank plus a few days in the hay probably amounted to $10,000.00 or more - as going from a corporal to patrolman is probably $3 to 6,000.00 a year and if time in grade before promotion eligibility is 3 or more years - Yup, big financial kick in the arse.
    And he deserves every bit of it!
    flatsneck likes this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    First, he should not be wearing a badge anymore. He crossed that line. That said, this situation is an isolated one, just does not happen this way .......I know.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    He and the officers that didn't do their job should be fired.
    Travlin, 1956CJ5, bc069 and 1 others like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Why would I comment here?
    navajo likes this.
    Marlins: 1951 336RC .30-30 - 1951 39A "Peanut" - 1988 Model 60 (22" blued) - 1982 783 22WMR
    Bangin' Blackhawks Member #30 Team .22 Mag Member #69 Team 30-30 Member #1328 Team Rossi #77
    GM World Class Technician since 2003

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Law enforcement should be held to a higher standard than a private citizen, maybe more so than any other government agency. They're paid, by the private citizen, to enforce laws voted in by the public. If they're incapable of adhering to the laws they're called to and have sworn an oath to enforce, they should cease to be considered capable of performing their job. There's no reason or extenuating circumstance that should ever excuse this sort of conduct. End of story. Anyone involved in sweeping this under the rug, should also lose their jobs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links