civil asset forfeiture - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: civil asset forfeiture

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Well, I do get my old butt up over the cops Mike. Truth, trusting myself enough to know the good MAN you are, doubt we have any disagreement on much of what really matters..................
    OLSKOOL likes this.

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    I hope not John,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    JMAG54 likes this.
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    I’ll clue some in, IF a federal agency such as DEA, want to allow drugs into the traffic, that office has to articulate the reason and received permission from HQ, which is no easy feat - AND we aren’t talking a vehicle “load” - at most 1, maybe 2 kilos, and the justification to “hurt” the general public better be well documented. Yes, there are some decisions made on the street by seasoned agents but those cases are rare and the drug amount would be small, like 1 to 8 ounces. An after incident report on the release better be well documented as to the justification or both the agent and his 1st line supervisor will be fired and possibly indicted. It’s no small matter relative to releasing drugs into the public from a FLE standpoint. Talking about opiates/cocaine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RESIII View Post
    I might not have stated that clearly. I meant that, if we were told correctly, the fed agency didn’t intercept or worry about the drugs at all, they just wanted the money. We were led to believe that the drugs hit the streets.
    Then they should have busted them from both ends - delivery and on the way back with the cash! Wrong, so wrong!

AC

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gunscrewguy View Post
    Then they should have busted them from both ends - delivery and on the way back with the cash! Wrong, so wrong!

AC
    Exactly. IF that's what actually happened. Controlled deliveries are one thing, but that would be over the top stupid. But then we've probably seen worse out of our goobermint.

Wrangler
    Member #
    In my opinion, civil asset forfeiture is just legalized theft. Much like a good majority of the taxes and insurance premiums we have to pay. I'm sure there are legitimate and proper instances when it is appropriate but when it comes to the real world, like many things the government has given themselves authority to do, is corrupted for politician's and bureaucrat's benefit.
    RESIII, rob42049 and Goldtrigger like this.
    (AUG) 1960-61 Western Auto Revelation 200 in .30-30 Wincherster
    2003 Marlin 1895GS in .45/70 Government

Team .30-30 #1255
    Team .45/70 #1603
    Team Semi-Auto #37
    Team Wheel Gun #53

Life member of the FOAC, GOA, PA Rifle & Pistol Association, NRA, and USCCA
    Member of NAGR

The National Guard: The ORIGINAL Department of Homeland Security since 1636.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsandman View Post
    In my opinion, civil asset forfeiture is just legalized theft. Much like a good majority of the taxes and insurance premiums we have to pay. I'm sure there are legitimate and proper instances when it is appropriate but when it comes to the real world, like many things the government has given themselves authority to do, is corrupted for politician's and bureaucrat's benefit.
    Exactly. All power corrupts. From the President to a rookie patrol officer. And if safeguards aren’t in place the corruption will thrive.
    This is what the 2nd amendment is about.
    sgtsandman and Goldtrigger like this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Let's start at the very beginning. Somebody, either LEO, a Lawyer, or just a concerned Citizen please enter in the space below any Article, Amendment, Section, Subsection, or Addendum to the Constitution of the United States of America that empowers the Federal Government to regulate, restrict, or prohibit a Citizen from putting in his/her body any specific intoxicant.

All the hype, all the corruption, all the laws in this glorified War on Drugs, and by extension all laws subsequent, have no Constitutional basis, other than a 10th Amendment issue. To be decided by the individual States. On a Federal level, the laws are Unconstitutional. Prove me wrong. Post the part of the Constitution that applies to this discussion.
    Last edited by rob42049; 01-24-2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: added 'her'
    JoeJ likes this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Wrangler
    Member #
    It all starts with someone saying "It ought to be a law!". Enough people get the same idea and a politician catches wind of it. Enough politicians like the idea and vote into law. No constitutionality factor is even considered until someone gathers up enough cash to take it to court over and over again until it gets to the Supreme Court. Then, it anyone's guess as to whether they will go with the Constitution or manufacture some way that it is Constitutional. Kinda like the "Affordable" Care Act.
    rob42049 and countryboy243 like this.
    (AUG) 1960-61 Western Auto Revelation 200 in .30-30 Wincherster
    2003 Marlin 1895GS in .45/70 Government

Team .30-30 #1255
    Team .45/70 #1603
    Team Semi-Auto #37
    Team Wheel Gun #53

Life member of the FOAC, GOA, PA Rifle & Pistol Association, NRA, and USCCA
    Member of NAGR

The National Guard: The ORIGINAL Department of Homeland Security since 1636.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    18th Amendment But it didn’t prohibit drinking alcoholic beverages, that probably wasn’t an oversight either.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links