Federal Agents Crack Down on Illegal Glock Machine Gun Kits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Federal Agents Crack Down on Illegal Glock Machine Gun Kits

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Federal Agents Crack Down on Illegal Glock Machine Gun Kits

Devante Murphy, 26, was arrested after jumping off a balcony to escape investigators. He had two machine gun conversion kits with him. He was arrested by Homeland Security. (Photo: Cook County Sheriff’s Office) source

Untitled.gif

Federal Agencies are starting to take action against illegal machine gun builders, specifically, people who modify Glock pistols into unregistered machine guns. With the rise in online retail outlets, a number of contraband makers have turned to less-known channels to market and sell illegal machine gun kits.

These parts include 80 percent conversion kits, kits marketed as airsoft parts that work with actual firearms and plainly illegal machine gun parts. The 80 percent kits and airsoft parts aren’t illegal as sold, but can, in some cases, be used illegally.

Because Glock pistols are so common, it’s easy to make universal parts to convert them from semi-automatic pistols to machine guns. While this is legal for certain manufacturers — and obviously airsoft enthusiasts — it is generally illegal for regular gun owners to build machine guns even if it’s legal for them to own firearms.

While some of these prosecutions are related to other crimes, two of the cases involved the federal agents investigating sales specifically, in Chicago and St. Louis.

In one case the ATF discovered a Chinese website that was selling full-auto conversion kits and requested a record of kit sales. The ATF opened an investigation on Garnell August Carter, 19, who used PayPal to purchase 13 conversion kits.

Untitled1.gif

Just a heads up for LEO that are still working the street.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ,

Jackel1
    USMC & LEO - Retired

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Never heard of such a thing--and I own a Glock. Of course, mine is a carry gun, so I would have zero interest in something like this.

Reminds me of the days of "drop-in auto sears" for converting AR-15's. Didn't see much use for them, either.

The penalty has never been worth the risk.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by North Idaho Shooter View Post
    Never heard of such a thing--and I own a Glock. Of course, mine is a carry gun, so I would have zero interest in something like this.

Reminds me of the days of "drop-in auto sears" for converting AR-15's. Didn't see much use for them, either.

The penalty has never been worth the risk.
    AMEN brother. When I was in law enforcement I would tell folks that $200 tax stamp is cheaper than bail, a lawyer, and 7 years of your life.

AC

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    A full auto Glock? useless.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 94win30wcf View Post
    A full auto Glock? useless.
    My sentiments exactly. However, being in a real life situation while dealing with the bad guys and the lead starts flying.... Then you hear rapid fire like a fully automatic weapon.

It does bring upon some scary thoughts. Especially when several of those rounds begin to land in close proximity of yours truly.

Thx for posting~!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ,

Jackel1
    USMC & LEO - Retired

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    If I ever own anything that is full auto it will be belt fed!

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Hickok45 has a video up. You can see the full-auto Glock in action. I'm still wondering when the BATFE is going in to Chicago to disarm all the thousands of Gang-Bangers that are "prohibited persons".
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    I've only shot one full auto pistol and it was an Astra that looked like a Mauser Broom Handle. Their was no way to control it and can't see any practical use for one. Maybe something with a stock would work better. Rate of fire is to fast but Im not a FA fan. For somebody who has never shot FA weapons it's a hoot but they only have one purpose, anti personnel. Excellent pistol for the boys in the hood to use in drive bys.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    As a class III and SOT licensed individual that deals with and manufactures full auto and suppressed products, it is absolutely scary how many full auto conversions are out there and how close to the edge of legality these people flirt.
    Ive done a few glock conversions in the past for legal customers and I can honestly say anyone with a pinch of common sense and a few basic tools can convert a glock to a full auto with some of these kits. (Disclaimer... DON'T DO IT.. its not worth your freedom!)

I think I can honestly say that the legal guys that want one, already have other full auto stuff and treat em just as a novelty, and "just because I can" kinda thing. and they really treat them as range blasting toys. nothing more. Me, absolutely useless. But it is kinda fun to do a mag dump every now and then.

Heck, you can go on CMMG's website and a few others and buy 3 round burst trigger kits for AR's right now... Perfectly legal to own and store in the safe or under your bed, just cant put it in anything.

Now, I am pretty sure that the new thing they're gonna go after and crack down on is the "solvent trap" trick for making illegal suppressors, those guys are becoming more popular now. Heck, there are half a dozen guys selling on ebay!

they say its for installing on your barrel when you're cleaning so you don't get solvents on your work space...

Simple part, threaded end cap, and tube with a solid front cap BUT the front end cap is "center drilled-marked" (hmmm... wonder why...)

They also sell-market them as waterproof camping survival tubes and you can buy "dividers" that keep your stuff separated.
    they're also "center drilled-marked" again...I wonder why

Ive also seen them marketed them as "D Cell battery storage" tubes for camping. those are being sold with both ends pre-drilled and pre-threaded in your choice of 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 (how convenient...) then has a plug with a key ring screwed in. the small hole is a "vent" hole to "relive moisture". I am truly shocked they are getting away with it so far.

Yup, these things are out there, everywhere. I can only imagine how many of these have been sold under the radar.. Just thankfully you don't see anyone committing crimes with them, or many arrests being reported on the MSM.. that would really put a hurting on us legal guys that love these kinds of toys.
    marlinluvr and Jackel1 like this.
    Team 60 #186
    Team 30-30 #987
    Team Semi-Auto #34
    Team 45/70 #1801
    Team Wheel Guns #100

If its stuck...WD40.... If its loose, Duct tape...

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Interesting, does anyone know if these conversions allow for controlled fire or only "riding the sear"? Besides illegal would potentially be deadly especially in calibers above 9mm. Bystanders behind the shooter would not be safe.
    flatsneck and Jackel1 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links