L.E.O.'s Stand Up & Be Recognized - Page 21
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: L.E.O.'s Stand Up & Be Recognized

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I retired September 11 th 2018. 22 and 1/2 years of law enforcement. My next job will be taking care of my Pappy who is 88 years old and will be moving in with me hopefully next month. I can't wait to spend quality time with him. Its long over due.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby1956 View Post
    I retired September 11 th 2018. 22 and 1/2 years of law enforcement. My next job will be taking care of my Pappy who is 88 years old and will be moving in with me hopefully next month. I can't wait to spend quality time with him. Its long over due.
    Soak up every moment of that you can. Every moment.

Deadeye
    Member #
    I worked as a "part-time patrolman" for South Harrison Twp., NJ, a rural farming community, from 1982 to '87. We had one full-time officer who worked 9-5, Mon. to Fri., and four part-timers who worked nights and weekends. I was offered a full-time position in '87 for $16,500 per year. Couldn't live on that!

In 1973, my Dad was elected to the Township Committee. At his swearing-in, he was told that one of his responsibilities was Public Safety Director. "Here's your badge, here's your gun", and he had NO law enforcement experience. And he was paid $500 per year! Boy have things changed since then! He was a very dedicated to our little town, and by all accounts he did an admirable job.
    JMAG54 and Arky73 like this.
    Team 45-70 #1860
    NRA
    United Bowhunters of N.J.
    Salem County Sportsmens Club
    Life Member, Past Chief Harrisonville Fire Co.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Hi Retired in 2006 after 33 years on the job. Worked Municipal Forces then Federal with the RCMP. bum ticker did me in but it was the best thing that ever happened. Ya can’t cast a fly rod or send a round down range from the front seat of a cruiser!
    Happy to be here TB
    Arky73 likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I've been in since 1987. I'm a criminal investigator for Collin County. My career has spanned the gigs of patrol officer, patrol supervisor, SWAT and CID. I'm eligible to retire but my wife is going to work for another nine years so I guess I will too. I love my job and the people I work with. Just don't tell them because they might get uppity.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links