EDC knife suggestions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: EDC knife suggestions

Sidewinder
    Member #

EDC knife suggestions

Gov. Cuomo just passed a law I actually agree with: he made gravity knives (more correctly described as centrifugal force knives) legal in NY. That being said, I'd like to keep one on me for work (and any other reason which may arise).

I'd like to carry something sleek looking and lightweight that can be opened with a simple flick of the wrist. Spring assist knives are still illegal here and needless to say switchblades, but a simple folder will fit my purposes just fine.

I was looking at the CRKT Helical; does anyone have experience with this knife or suggestions for something similar in appearance?
    Golphin and Stu925 like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    To add to this, I'd want something with a pocket clip and I'd prefer pins to screws; the screws always seem to work themselves loose and I end up with a wobbly blade that always needs tightening.
    miket156 likes this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisZ96 View Post
    Gov. Cuomo just passed a law I actually agree with: he made gravity knives (more correctly described as centrifugal force knives) legal in NY. That being said, I'd like to keep one on me for work (and any other reason which may arise).

I'd like to carry something sleek looking and lightweight that can be opened with a simple flick of the wrist. Spring assist knives are still illegal here and needless to say switchblades, but a simple folder will fit my purposes just fine.

I was looking at the CRKT Helical; does anyone have experience with this knife or suggestions for something similar in appearance?
    I had to laugh. How does the commie make something legal that should be anywhere and is almost everywhere already? Who would have ever thought they had a law like that to begin with? Even Ebay and Amazon liberals sell them. I can't believe people live under the dictatorship that they have in NY and still think they are free. I can't decide if it is funny because they go along with it or sad because it will get worse and worse. The same type of crap has leaked into other states like Florida. Floridians fight every day the people from the NE trying to put us under the same type of laws and high taxes every chance they get. So far it has not worked for them but as the cancer in South Florida keeps growing it is harder and harder to keep them from voting and sending liberal crap to Tallahassee.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I carry a Buck Vantage large all day every day. It gets used and abused a lot and has held up great. Easy enough for me to sharpen and holds a decent edge on the blade. I've carried this one for about 3 years which is a long time for me.
    Just Say Mo likes this.
    Team 39 #474, Team 60 #445, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #163, Team 22 Magnum #172
    Team Glenfield #85, Team 30-30 #1370, Team 32 Special #162, Team 35 #749, Team 444 ​#761
    Team 45/70 #1831, ​Team Marlin Express

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have two on me, they are a Chris Reeves large Sabinza and a Benchmade 940. both have excellent edge retention.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I have never had any assisted opening knives. My current and by far favorite, is my Buck 110 hunter with a drop point blade.
    Andrew
    The Gene Pool is in need of a lot of Chlorine!

Better yet, drain the entire pool!

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Golphin View Post
    I had to laugh. How does the commie make something legal that should be anywhere and is almost everywhere already? Who would have ever thought they had a law like that to begin with? Even Ebay and Amazon liberals sell them. I can't believe people live under the dictatorship that they have in NY and still think they are free. I can't decide if it is funny because they go along with it or sad because it will get worse and worse. The same type of crap has leaked into other states like Florida. Floridians fight every day the people from the NE trying to put us under the same type of laws and high taxes every chance they get. So far it has not worked for them but as the cancer in South Florida keeps growing it is harder and harder to keep them from voting and sending liberal crap to Tallahassee.
    They are attempting the same here in S.C. They truly are a cancer.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisZ96 View Post

Only because they lost in court. But that doesn't answer your question I suppose. You could do a lot worse than a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 it's not a gravity knife but it is a great knife. The PM3 is a smaller version of the same knife if you're looking for something smaller. The Spydercos can be a bit pricey though. The Ontario RAT 1&2 are probably the best values in edc knives, the steel isn't a super steel but AUS-8 is better than the steel found in a lot of other budget friendly knives, I think the RAT models are also available in D2.

Stu
    Just Say Mo likes this.
    Marlin League #124
    Team 35 #417
    Team Glenfield #55
    Team Mosin Nagant #22
    Team Mauser #5

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Cool

Check these knives out. I placed an order for a Surgical blade hunting knife, and I just got a tracking number already.

https://www.oceanaxissupplies.com/Pr...''/5/0

Bumpus bought a few of their knives already, I got the company name from Mike.

Mike T.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Let's not get me started on Cuomo, but I carried a SOG Twitch II for a long time, had one in my tool chest and yet another in the car. Holds an edge, opens with finger pressure on the flipper, but also has a locking feature if you're the nervous sort. Just a reliable, decent looking knife that won't break the budget. Now the Emerson mini commander, that is a great knife too, but the price will get you about five Twitches! Still, I like mine, just don't use it as often.
    shawlerbrook, alawrence and durf like this.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that makes a difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links