EDC knife suggestions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: EDC knife suggestions

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by white cloud View Post
    They are attempting the same here in S.C. They truly are a cancer.
    I was listening to a Mark Levin radio show a few months ago, and a man called in from Arizona who had retired there from New York state. Levin questioned this guy and yep, he was a Democrat in NY state and continued to vote the same way in Arizona. Levin asked him why he moved to Arizona? He brought his politics with him, he should have stayed where he was. Mark made his point quite clear. Transplants are ruining Red States.

In PA, the cities vote for the Fascists, and us rural people vote for anything but. A voting map of the state is revealing, its obvious why there is conflict. I wouldn't care if the Fascists wanted gun restrictions in their cities, Liberals shouldn't own guns, they might hurt themselves. But the state makes gun laws, so cities and towns can't make their own. So, the cities cry for "Sensible gun control" and us rural folks tell them to mind their own business.

City people don't have common sense. I can't tell you how many city people I run into at trail heads that are ready to take a hike and have no map, no compass, no water, no first aid kit. That is, no clue.

Mike T.
    Last edited by miket156; 06-04-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    The Outdoor Edge Divide is a nice EDC and it comes in 2 sizes.
    Team 1894 member #67 1977 44 mag.
    Team 35 member #256 1964 Sears M45
    Team 444 member #355 1981 444S
    Team 30 30 member #830
    1980 Marlin 3080 Trail Rider & Win 94 Custom Trapper

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Golphin View Post
    I had to laugh. How does the commie make something legal that should be anywhere and is almost everywhere already? Who would have ever thought they had a law like that to begin with? Even Ebay and Amazon liberals sell them. I can't believe people live under the dictatorship that they have in NY and still think they are free. I can't decide if it is funny because they go along with it or sad because it will get worse and worse. The same type of crap has leaked into other states like Florida. Floridians fight every day the people from the NE trying to put us under the same type of laws and high taxes every chance they get. So far it has not worked for them but as the cancer in South Florida keeps growing it is harder and harder to keep them from voting and sending liberal crap to Tallahassee.

Actually Amazon says that shipping is restricted to my address.

They legalized them because too many minorities were being locked up for possession of a knife and it was deemed racist.

Yeah, land of the free.
    miket156 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I have been carrying small fixed blades recently but spyderco knives and the benchmarks that use the axis lock are my favorites. That axis lock design is the bees knees imo. The griptillian model is an outstanding value.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisZ96 View Post
    Actually Amazon says that shipping is restricted to my address.

They legalized them because too many minorities were being locked up for possession of a knife and it was deemed racist.

Yeah, land of the free.
    I don't know how old you are or why you stay in New York. That state is off the rails. Its long past time to leave.

Mike T.
    Tomray and ChrisZ96 like this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I believe OP lives in NYC (brooklyn) if I recall. NYC has different laws compared to NYS. certain knives are illegal in NYC: a blade can't be more than 4". You can't open carry a knife(fix blade in a sheath, etc) in NYC. Many retailers will not ship to NYC because of their laws.
    Too many ignorant liberals in NYC thinks laws/banning knives/ guns is going to save them. What "they fail to understand" is that criminals don't obey the law, that's why they're a criminal.
    Some NYPD are ignorant about knife carry & will harass you. I saw a guy get harassed by NYPD at a train station. Saying the guy's knife was a gravity knife (it wasn't) and confiscated it or he was going to be arrest for having it (apparently the cop spotted the pocket clip of the knife on the guys pocket.)

Going back to OP's question about the "CRKT Helical". I don't own one, but imo the handle looks too wide/fat (compared to others) for my taste, and I'm not a fan of the tanto blade.
    miket156, ChrisZ96 and Golphin like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Screw Coumo I carry a bloker, and have for 20 years. It opens with a simple push of a button.
    ChrisZ96 and shawlerbrook like this.
    Durf
    Team 1894 # 384
    Team Rossi # 43

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    I don't know how old you are or why you stay in New York. That state is off the rails. Its long past time to leave.

Mike T.
    23, still in school and will GLADLY leave when the time is right.
    miket156 likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by maki00 View Post
    I believe OP lives in NYC (brooklyn) if I recall. NYC has different laws compared to NYS. certain knives are illegal in NYC: a blade can't be more than 4". You can't open carry a knife(fix blade in a sheath, etc) in NYC. Many retailers will not ship to NYC because of their laws.
    Too many ignorant liberals in NYC thinks laws/banning knives/ guns is going to save them. What "they fail to understand" is that criminals don't obey the law, that's why they're a criminal.
    Some NYPD are ignorant about knife carry & will harass you. I saw a guy get harassed by NYPD at a train station. Saying the guy's knife was a gravity knife (it wasn't) and confiscated it or he was going to be arrest for having it (apparently the cop spotted the pocket clip of the knife on the guys pocket.)

Going back to OP's question about the "CRKT Helical". I don't own one, but imo the handle looks too wide/fat (compared to others) for my taste, and I'm not a fan of the tanto blade.
    Under the new law "gravity knives" are still illegal in the subway. Good thing I worked to buy a car.

I've heard of cops taking Buck 110's and opening them by holding the blade and flipping the handle down and calling it a gravity knife. I back the blue but there are definitely some real pricks on the job.
    maki00 likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by durf View Post
    Screw Coumo I carry a bloker, and have for 20 years. It opens with a simple push of a button.
    Wayne County is a different world than Brooklyn, we might as well live in different continents. Laws are so strict in NYC if you're caught with one of those you're really in for it.
    miket156 and Vooch like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links