Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Who's going to get

7K views 66 replies 26 participants last post by  K Williams 
#1 ·
The first new knife in 2018,
Or new to you knife.?

#6 ·
I keep finding knives that I forgot I have!!

#10 ·
I've been hankering for one, myself. The standard 110 and 112 feel pretty good to me, but I have wondered about the FG models.
Not like I need another knife to fill the gap.

#12 ·
Haven't bought any, but here are the last two finished. First is a large filet knife I made for my brother while he was up after Christmas. He lives on the Outer Banks and fishes a lot. 8.25" blade, made from a a 4" sawmill bandsaw blade. The handle is a lamb shank bone. Quite sharp and very flexible. My first attempt at a filet knife. Not fancy, but should find a place on his boat.

The second one is a hollow ground drop point skinner made from a very old mowing scythe blade with a walnut handle. Final sharpening on it in a day or so.

Banknote Money Electronic device Paper

#14 ·
Haven't bought any, but here are the last two finished. First is a large filet knife I made for my brother while he was up after Christmas. He lives on the Outer Banks and fishes a lot. 8.25" blade, made from a a 4" sawmill bandsaw blade. The handle is a lamb shank bone. Quite sharp and very flexible. My first attempt at a filet knife. Not fancy, but should find a place on his boat.

The second one is a hollow ground drop point skinner made from a very old mowing scythe blade with a walnut handle. Final sharpening on it in a day or so.

View attachment 617458 View attachment 617466
Very nice work! Love that mirror finish on the skinner. Nice photo.

#30 ·
Just seeing this thread, and love that Buck! They did that in less than a week? Or did I see the dates of your posts wrong? Either way, you have good taste, and I thank you for your service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.