Henry Lever Carbine (H001L) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Finally got my H001L. It is a nice gun for the price. After opening it up I can see how they kept the cost down. Basically most of the parts are cast. Casting is a lower cost way of making parts. Machining is a very expensive manufacturing process. Both processes have there place and both can be of high or low quality depending on material it self. Most don't like the non-ferrous cover but you have to realize that it is only a cover and doesn't take any of the pressure of the round. The barrel and frame are ferrous based where more strenght is needed against the pressure of the round.

The wood on mine is great better then my two 1894 and my bl-22. The Henry is much heavier then I had thought, almost as much as the 1894. The bl-22 feels feather weight in comparison to the henry. The action is sooo smooth and light, lighter then the BL-22 and equally smooth.

I put on a Marble Bullseye rear sight. Good thing is that the original marbel rear sight is the same height as the bullseye so it'll work with the original front fixed sight.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Choot it, DaBinChe, Choot it! You'll love it! I have a H001V in .17hmr. It is a great little gun.
    Team 444
    Team .35
    Team 30-30
    Team 32 Special
    Team Browning
    NRA Life

Tinhorn
    Member #

Hoo1l

I purchased a H001L this past week. I wasn't sure it would work for my 6-2" frame. As it turns out, the rifle shoulders smoothly and the lever is of course, butter smooth. Accuracy with 4x scope while preliminary, was a promising ragged hole at 25 yards. The large loop is a nice addition for bigger hands. The 16-1/4 " barrel gives just that extra bit of portability that lends itself to moving in and out of the safe and swinging around on critters (not in the same motion..). The L model is an excellent combination of features for a more than affordable price. I've never had the pleasure of shooting the Marlin 39- but this one will do for me!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I've had an H001L for about a year. It is a fun, well made little gun and I like to shoot CCI CBs through it. I don't believe you could fine a smoother lever action rifle than the Henry.
    Zack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links