New Big Boy H012 action polish.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Omegaspeedy

Thread: New Big Boy H012 action polish.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

New Big Boy H012 action polish.

Hi guys,

This is my third Big Boy and I thought I would slick it up a bit due to the fact I've been spoilt lately with my also new Miruko Winchester 1892.

Following the YouTube vid of a Brass Big Boy being disassembled I pulled it apart and gave some critical surfaces some polishing with 1200p paper and oil.

Here's what I did:

1) Locking lug front back and sides. Top bevels where it locates to lock. Area where lever locks it in place. Caution that this is a fine tolerance part and determines headspace so strictly a polish and no removal of material.

2) Carrier sides and any area that displays wear points.

3) Extractor along face where it slides in bold keyway.

4) Extractor claw on bolt.

5) Hammer where bolt drives over it's top.

Lastly I shortened the hammer spring. (you don't need to take much off. Just one coil on one end is all).

This action feels very slick now as it was gritty out of the box. Roll on tomorrow for a test run.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member
    Member #
    May give that a try myself. I've smoothed out a couple of my Marlins with great results. My BBS has never felt gritty, maybe a tad stiff, but I haven't had more than a hundred rounds through it yet.
    Welcome to MO from Kentucky!
    Team 444 Marlin - Love My T4!
    Team 22 Magnum - # 42
    Team 30-30 - # 897
    Team 35 - #501

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kraynky View Post
    May give that a try myself. I've smoothed out a couple of my Marlins with great results. My BBS has never felt gritty, maybe a tad stiff, but I haven't had more than a hundred rounds through it yet.
    Welcome to MO from Kentucky!
    Thanks Krayky, It really didn't take that long either, maybe an hour. It was well worth it. My BBB was much more smooth, maybe a factor of brass lubricity.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links