Henry Long Ranger - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Henry Long Ranger

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Good move on the BLR. Mine's in .308 as well, and a fantastic rifle. We're hoping to take out first elk this fall.

The Long Rangers look good to me, on the web, but I've never held one. I'm sure it's a fine rifle. The only Henry I own is a BBS .41 mag, and it's another fine rifle. Not really an "experienced" answer for you OB, but an honest opinion.
    JACKTW and Marlinjunkie like this.
    Team 444 Marlin - Love My T4!
    Team 22 Magnum - # 42
    Team 30-30 - # 897
    Team 35 - #501

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry88 View Post
    If you haven't run across this, there are a number of posts about the Long Ranger here......

Henry Lever Action Centerfire Rifles - Henry Rifle Forums
    Thanks for the link.Plenty of good info there.
    Marlinjunkie and Travlin like this.
    The older I get, the better I was!!!
    TEAM 375

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kraynky View Post
    Good move on the BLR. Mine's in .308 as well, and a fantastic rifle. We're hoping to take out first elk this fall.

The Long Rangers look good to me, on the web, but I've never held one. I'm sure it's a fine rifle. The only Henry I own is a BBS .41 mag, and it's another fine rifle. Not really an "experienced" answer for you OB, but an honest opinion.
    I am buying a Long Ranger in 308 Win.I have had a few BLRs.Mine were the original Belgium steel receivered ones.The only bad thing I can say was the trigger pull sucked,but none the less were super accurate.I read good things about the Henry LRs.Their stock is set up for a scope and they do have good trigger pulls.I got a good price on a slightly used one.Not a mark on it with fantastic wood.I should have it by the end of next week.OB
    TEAM 375

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OLBIKER View Post
    I am buying a Long Ranger in 308 Win.I have had a few BLRs.Mine were the original Belgium steel receivered ones.The only bad thing I can say was the trigger pull sucked,but none the less were super accurate.I read good things about the Henry LRs.Their stock is set up for a scope and they do have good trigger pulls.I got a good price on a slightly used one.Not a mark on it with fantastic wood.I should have it by the end of next week.OB

I recently handled the Henry LR in 308WIN and it's a big cut above the BLR, IMO. Great trigger and the bolt is massive!

I contacted Henry requesting the LR be chambered in 338FED and if they do, I'll flat out buy it!

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I have one I like it , trigger is ok not as nice as the trigger on my Savage scout. Great wood, shoots good I think you will like it.
    Marlinjunkie and OLBIKER like this.
    Durf
    Team 1894 # 384
    Team Rossi # 43

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    I recently handled the Henry LR in 308WIN and it's a big cut above the BLR, IMO. Great trigger and the bolt is massive!

I contacted Henry requesting the LR be chambered in 338FED and if they do, I'll flat out buy it!

Jack
    I would think 338 Fed and 358 Win would be big sellers!!OB
    TEAM 375

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I am waiting on one to be made in 7mm-08 that will tempt me...my boy is getting close to the age where he is going to be needing his own deer rifle 😀
    Marlinjunkie likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    I bought a Henry Long Ranger in 223/5.56MM a while back. I had it to the club once, shoots fine, the action is smooth. It has nice dark walnut furniture and is made in the USA. I find no fault in this rifle. It is on the heavy side, at least for me. The fact that it is made in the US was a big reason for buying it.
    FM

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I'd also like to pick up a Long Ranger in 308. I've had my eye on them since the introduction. I've handled a couple of them. Yesterday I handled one in a 6.5 and it was the best one yet. Great fit and finish, nice trigger, and the action cycled so smooth!

My only hang up is that I want to handle a BLR before making my purchase, and I can't find one anywhere locally.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    1951 Marlin 336SC-35 Remington-worked trigger, Skinner Express Peep, Skinner Fiber Optic Front sight

2014 Marlin Guide Gun-worked trigger, Vortex 1-4x shotgun scope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links