Beg Henry for a loading gate. - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Beg Henry for a loading gate.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I've got a couple of Henrys--a lever action and a pump action--both with octagon barrels and in .22 lr. Like many, I don't have an issue with the tube loading in a .22, but I just can't get past it on a centerfire rifle. From a practical standpoint, as has been mentioned, it is really inconsequential. Just a personal thing, I guess.

I have been considering a Henry Big Boy in 41 Magnum, but we'll have to see. Finances, you know.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have a Henry octagon barreled pump .22 LR and a Big Boy Steel . 44 . They are both good shooters with no bent sites or wood to metal gaps and no cross-bolt add -ons to mess with. I also have three Marlin levers including a .375 and have no problems about using the tube loading on the H.R.A. rifles any more than I mind loading my Savage 99. H.R.A. will never spend a dime to mess with another lever gun company and why would they?

CLY
    Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsgwh View Post
    But, I can buy a brand new Henry sight unseen and know that gun will be nearly perfect. But, if I do have an issue Henry will resolve it quickly, not a month or two turn around. I never have to worry about the Marlin Jam, no need for a Wild West trigger, canted sights, missing rifling, bad wood to metal and the list goes on and on. For that reason I will stand by my statement that Henry’s are a far superior product.
    You have a point. I'd feel better about buying a Henry unseen, although I did look at three, for the best looking wood. I'd have to closely inspect a Remington made Marlin first. Would never order one over the internet, unless I knew someone on the other end of the deal.
    Travlin, oh-behi, jim716 and 3 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Now that Remington has retooled but doesn't have the management or work force to get reliable, well fitted guns into a box, all Henry has to do is nothing and Remington will come to their door begging them to take over the company.
    joel lee and gunscrewguy like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    JUST MY OPINION
    Hard for me to imagine a solid business case for Henry Repeating Arms to acquire Marlin. As noted repeatedly on this forum, Remlin quality is a crap shoot. In terms of market share, I doubt that Remlins are sold in numbers anywhere near HRA firearms. At their price point, HRA firearms are nicely positioned below Winchester's lever actions and slightly above Rossi's. This is all in addition to justifying taking on the large debt and legal costs that are likely to come along with a Marlin acquisition. Heck, if HRA really wanted to add a gate loader to their catalog, they might actually be better off buying the Rossi line from Taurus, assuming it's in better shape than Remington.
    Team 1894 #524
    Team Old Pharts #349
    Team Wheelgun #89
    Team Henry #124

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    H.R. A. doesn't need to "buy" any other gun company they are doing just fine as they are. Remember that Sears bought K-Mart and how that worked out.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    As someone posted about the side loading gate. "This was because Cavalry soldiers couldn't keep loading from the muzzle end of the rifle, and wanted a device that would allow them to 'Top Up' their rifle from the receiver end".

My question to the readers of my post, is anyone here a Cavalry soldier, or expect to walk down a city street with a lever in their hands and engage bad guys like Clint Eastwood's character in "a few dollars more"?
    Does anyone here think they will have a Henry in there hands and be in cover while under fire and expect to say "well damn, how I wish I had a side loading gate now"?
    I understand nostalgia, but if it aint broke then don't fix it, the current Henry design I think is fine for what I use it for to put food on the the table and a extreme emergency backup of a backup home defence firearm. But that is just me.

Last edited by joel lee; 02-13-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    JACKTW, Travlin, a9mmfan and 4 others like this.
    Team Henry Lucky # 13

An old men with AR-15 does not panic. He finds and engages his targets in a calm and confident manner.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government." Tacitus

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I like Clint eastwood and I like marlin but Henry is doing just fine with what they got know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Member #
    We’ve missed seeing the forest because all the trees were in the way.
    Henry has in fact started making marlin rifles already.
    The henry big boy I own is not too far off the basic marlin cf levergun action (336, 1894, 1895) design.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Henry has successfully set itself apart from other lever gun manufacturers. Why put vinegar on a perfectly grilled T-bone? I'm not very fond of their never ending "specialty" guns, but I guess people buy them. If they offered up a few more classic cartridges and get them to market, they could probably declare themselves top dog.
    Big, flatnose bullets eliminate tracking.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links