Bad news? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad news?

Distinguished Master
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Member #
    You mite have the next world record size skunk
    They love to root around looking for grubs.
    olmarlin likes this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Moles, BIG moles!!!
    olmarlin likes this.
    "You're not trying to teach the deer algebra, you're trying to kill it and put it in your freezer".
    Kip Campbell, Red Arrow

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    You definitely have a hog problem in your area and I'm sure you don't think it is a joking matter. Hogs can do a lot of damage that is hard to correct without large equipment. They have been in my area for the last 20 years and I've seen them and the damage they can do. My little 4 acre spread was never touched until 2 years ago when they discovered my pecan and acorn trees out in the field and the damage they did was more than what I saw in your picture. I smoothed the spots out and 2 weeks later they hit the same spots again. Fortunately they haven't been back since and my house which sits on 2 acres is surrounded by a chain link fence so it is safe.

Hogs roam far and wide so they may or may not return to your property but your neighbors might as well get ready because once they are established in a area, they are established. Hogs are very smart so if you can shoot one or two they usually won't return to that area. One other thing they do is kill and eat fawns so look for the deer population to drop like a rock as well as game birds.

I have skunks and armadillos here also and they do dig softball size holes all they time but that is not what you have...
    Last edited by Gohon; 10-10-2019 at 12:09 AM.
    olmarlin likes this.
    SI VIS PACEM--PARA BELLUM

WHAT WE THINK WE BECOME

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    This could be worth a trip from Alabama! Nothing I like better than hunting hogs!! Believe it or not, that's probably the work of just one or two good-sized hogs.

Anyway, I'll be there in an hour or two.

Lol

Jim
    olmarlin and Marlwin like this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Looks like part of my front yard right now. Iíve shot or trapped 6 over the last couple years. My neighbor got after it and trapped about 45-50. They may leave for a while but they will come back usually to the same exact spot. I actually bought a night scope and put it on a 6.5 Grendel AR. It will take care of business. Problem is you have to sleep sometime and they donít run on a schedule. Iíve shot 2 in broad daylight. Best bet is to bait them and shoot a couple and pray they go harass your neighbor. Or hire someone with hog dogs. Here in Texas you have to eradicate 80% a year to stay even with the 3 litters they pump out in a year. Good luck, they are the devils servants.
    olmarlin likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    And the winner is........
    No Primers who guessed a record sized skunk!
    No hogs.
    A couple raccoons came in each night but passed thru quickly.
    Big skunk came in each night and tore up more turf- apparently, DNR says, looking for grubs. Never had this happen here in 26 years we've lived here.
    As expected a lot of deer were caught by the camera too.
    Happy outcome- no feral hogs.
    94win30wcf and Golphin like this.
    TEAM 45-70 #1920 , TEAM 1894 #581 , TEAM 39 #500

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links