• 2 Post By vt4ster
  • 3 Post By Tomray
  • 1 Post By jearl
  • 2 Post By vt4ster

Thread: colt 380 hammerless value

Gun Wizard
    Member #

colt 380 hammerless value

i have an elderly friend in poor health he has some pistols and long rifles to sell. I am interested in a few. a pair of hammerless colts in 380 and 32. I shot the 380. it was mfg in 1922. its a shooter better than my ability i think. any thoughts on what I should offer.
    He has a woodsman and a high standard . the woodsman is NIB match target. The high standard not sure model or mfg date but i think i should buy all over time. any help would be appreciated. I want to help him and his wife so looking for fair values. Thanks

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    the 32 should be a model 1903 and the 380 should be a model 1908 condition is everything. the model 1908 is the most sought after. they can go to 1200-1500 if very nice, but I tend to live in the past, things go up every day. the 03 can bring a good amount also but not usually as much. the woodsman, it is according to the year and such. I would go on the colt forum and talk to the experts that know for sure,,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Thanks olskool
    Marlinjunkie and OLSKOOL like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Dave,

I second the advice to research Gunbroker for pricing..............

Condition IS everything,but you need to get a benchmark to start developing a price, even, and especially when dealing with friends in a financial or health jam........

The Colt MT could be anywhere from $500 to $2000, depending on condition barrel length, Box and Docs?, and what series it is I think 2nd series is the most desired ...........The 4" barrel is the most collectible, but the 6" is great field and target gun..........

Same for the Hi Standard.........Hamden gun ? East Hartford gun? and model............again, Box and Docs?........

I'm not up on current prices, 'cuz I'm not watching the market, and it changes on certain items frequently..............Also, prices vary by location/condition, too........

IMO, buying all of them, over time is probably a good idea, considering what is available in the market as new current offerings....................

Good Luck,

Tom
    vt4ster, Marlinjunkie and Ret_Eng like this.
    NRA LIFE
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Yep, condition is everything. Without pictures it would be hard to give an estimate on value. Does it have the original mag, grips, has it been refinished? For an original magazine you looking at least $100+. The Colt 1908 .380 are more rare than the 1903 .32. That said the .380's do usually cost more. The .32's and .380's with the barrel bushing tend to bring more money (early production). For a used average .32 you looking at $400 -$600 for the .380 $600-$800.
    vt4ster likes this.
    Team .22 magnum #189
    Team LeverMatic

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Thanks nearly and tom. all original grips and Mags. I am ok with $1000 for the set. Brining home 3 savage 99's first.
    Tomray and Ret_Eng like this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links