Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1937 civilian 1911 45 colt

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  jearl 
#1 ·
I bought this one from a neighbor Tuesday .I didn't know that much about these ,but im learning fast . I took it to gun show and had a guy check it out with his colt book ,according to him it is all correct Gun Starting pistol Trigger Airsoft gun Grip
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice 1911, those pre war commercials were best ever built. I've had a sack of Colt and GI 1911s but only one commercial pre war and it was no cream puff. The 1911 wasn't a popular pistol until 70s and combat shooting cult kicked off. I have only had 5 or 6 post war 1911s up to series 70s. Then I've owned quite a few.

#15 ·
They are pricey these days for sure. Sounds like a fair deal for both of you. I could not tell a lot by the picture about the color or the bluing. Most that age that I have seen have a almost green or gray color to the metal. That one looks like dark bluing and shiny but that may just be the light the picture was taken in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.