Can I discuss the H&R model 922 first variation revolver here?
Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By ReloadIt
  • 4 Post By Pig Ninja
  • 4 Post By furlong222
  • 1 Post By ReloadIt
  • 1 Post By Old No7
  • 1 Post By Lever Jac

Thread: Can I discuss the H&R model 922 first variation revolver here?

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Can I discuss the H&R model 922 first variation revolver here?

I joined to get some help with parts on my H&R 922 with the octagon barrel because I am striking out finding someone to confirm the parts I need, even Numrich and Brownells fail to confirm the parts compatible with the first variation. The serial number puts this in the first variation, that much I know for sure. I acquired the gun with missing parts which I think are the sear and the cylinder stop to be sure of but might be missing more if anyone has any experience with this old pea shooter. I suspect the parts are available but just can't seem to confirm the right ones.

IMG_8932.jpgIMG_9049.jpg

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Can't help with your dilemma but good luck getting it back into shooting condition and welcome to the forum from South Carolina.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I had one - long time ago - should have kept it.....try jackfirst for parts....
    ......just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    They seem to have a lot of parts but like Numrich and Brownells they cannot confirm parts for the first variation because they have no schematics either. I think I will have to find someone with the same model and variation who is willing to take their gun apart and take pictures of them. If anyone is willing to do it, it will sure be the only one on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Ninja View Post
    Can't help with your dilemma but good luck getting it back into shooting condition and welcome to the forum from South Carolina.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Check for similar parts from the H&R "Auto Ejecting" series, and you should be able to find some schematics for that.

Notice there is no "rectangular bolt locking slot" on the cylinder (like on a Colt or S&W, or H&R 999 Sportsman); the little "nub" on top of the hammer catches the edge of the notch in the cylinder while the "hand" keeps pressure on it. That holds the cylinder, but there is no "bolt lock" like on the Colt or Smith.

One tip I learned the hard way...

Trim a wooden toothpick to diameter and length, and insert that into the trigger guard while it's out of the frame to hold the sear spring and sear; then use the pin that secures the tail end of the trigger guard to push out the toothpick (now functioning as a "slave pin") out as you insert the real pin. That solves the problem of trying to hold it all together with three hands.

Good luck.

Old No7

Edit:
    There is no "cylinder" stop on that model or the Auto Ejecting series, only the hump on top of the hammer. You should be able to get a sear and sear spring from the A-E series from Numrich.
    Last edited by Old No7; Yesterday at 08:05 AM.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum from Kansas. I gave my dads H+R to my nephew I am not sure when it was made but it didn't have a serial no. The gun shot well as long as you rotated the cylinder all the way by hand other wise it would spit a little lead.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links