H&R Ultra Auto....need some info..please....
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mywrangler94
  • 1 Post By quickdtoo

Thread: H&R Ultra Auto....need some info..please....

Tinhorn
    Member #

H&R Ultra Auto....need some info..please....

Hiya gents,
    Figured this is the place for my question.....I have a chance to purchase an H&R Ultra Automatic. Beautiful rifle in 243. I really like it However, with the little digging I have done, it seems that its just simply divided in opinion. Ask 10 people, you get 5 that say its great, 5 that say stay away. To be frank, I am hot in the market for a 243, and this one is gorgeous. However, I don't need a single shot semi auto, if you get what I mean. That seems to be the biggest complaint. Has anyone here had one, know about them, what the problems were, the fixes, anything would be most appreciated. I want a 243 bad enough that I may have to sell my 64 336......dilemma......thanks in advance....
    GITU1 and 94win30wcf like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    There is a great but on Gun Broker right now for 495.
    Buy it and don't look back.
    Those were some quality arms.
    - Fran-

Better to be thought of as an idiot,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Lots of farmed high quality parts were purchased to build those...merely assembled by H&R.
    - Fran-

Better to be thought of as an idiot,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    jml likes this.
    "Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain

H&R Centerfire Rifle Forum: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/108-h-r...re-rifles.html

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I never owned the H&R Ultra Auto. A Gunshop going out of business in 70s had some H&Rs maked way down. I looked at it and it seemed very well made and had beatiful wood. It was a 308. I've never shot one but did take one apart to clean for a customer. It was a 308 too. He had a 3x9 Leuopld on it and shot Rem factory ammo. He claimed it was much better rifle than his m100 Winchester. I do have experience with m100 Wins. They were dependable accurate rifles. The H&R is well made and finished so that's all I can go by.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mywrangler94 View Post
    Hiya gents,
    Figured this is the place for my question.....I have a chance to purchase an H&R Ultra Automatic. Beautiful rifle in 243. I really like it However, with the little digging I have done, it seems that its just simply divided in opinion. Ask 10 people, you get 5 that say its great, 5 that say stay away. To be frank, I am hot in the market for a 243, and this one is gorgeous. However, I don't need a single shot semi auto, if you get what I mean. That seems to be the biggest complaint. Has anyone here had one, know about them, what the problems were, the fixes, anything would be most appreciated. I want a 243 bad enough that I may have to sell my 64 336......dilemma......thanks in advance....
    The only H & R auto that I have is a 1953 M1.
    Your reputation is what men say about you on your tombstone, your character is what the angels proclaim about you before the throne of God!

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Wow I have not seen one in years. they work good. I would buy it. my 2 cents.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links