How Common? SB2 Ultra in 357 Maximum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kingstrider
  • 1 Post By quickdtoo

Thread: How Common? SB2 Ultra in 357 Maximum

Tenderfoot
    Member #

How Common? SB2 Ultra in 357 Maximum

I haven't been able to find a whole lot of information on this rifle and I'm curious as to how common they are. It seems that most are 357 Magnum that the chamber has been reemed. Mine is not that case, it's stamped 357 Maximum.

I'm also not sure if the furniture is original as it's synthetic and a pistol grip. Anyone have any insight?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    rare. Winchester is coming out with a round that's about the same as the maximum in a new platform but its hard to unseat 357mag.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolron60 View Post
    rare. Winchester is coming out with a round that's about the same as the maximum in a new platform but its hard to unseat 357mag.
    Any idea how rare? I know it took me a really long time to find it. It has iron sights on the barrel which is something I specifically wanted. The guy I bought it from mounted a scope to it. He said it was already drilled/tapped so he didn't change anything, just mounted the scope.

Not sure what Winchester is going to try to accomplish, I don't think you're going to fill a void left by 357 mag.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
    Any idea how rare? I know it took me a really long time to find it. It has iron sights on the barrel which is something I specifically wanted. The guy I bought it from mounted a scope to it. He said it was already drilled/tapped so he didn't change anything, just mounted the scope.

Not sure what Winchester is going to try to accomplish, I don't think you're going to fill a void left by 357 mag.
    In a word, sales. The 350 Legend was designed for AR15 platform rifles so will likely be very popular within the black rifle community.
    flatsneck and spittinfire like this.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
    I haven't been able to find a whole lot of information on this rifle and I'm curious as to how common they are. It seems that most are 357 Magnum that the chamber has been reemed. Mine is not that case, it's stamped 357 Maximum.

I'm also not sure if the furniture is original as it's synthetic and a pistol grip. Anyone have any insight?
    The original H&R Ultra Hunter in 357 Maxi was made 1995-99 according to Goforth's book, checkered laminated straight grip stock, no sights, furnished with scope rail. I have that stock set, had it on a Mag/Maxi testing a scout mounted scope, didn't like the scout set up at all. I sold the barrel, Maxi is just not a usable chambering here, should work great for deer in eastern hardwood forests tho, lots surely like it.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    spittinfire likes this.
    "Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain

H&R Centerfire Rifle Forum: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/108-h-r...re-rifles.html

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
    In a word, sales. The 350 Legend was designed for AR15 platform rifles so will likely be very popular within the black rifle community.
    It would be fun to play with for sure but I can't see it taking the place of anything. Kind of reminds me of 30 AR that Remington brought out a few years back and I imagine sales/use will be about the same.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links