H&R Model 360 Ultra
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By OLSKOOL
  • 1 Post By OLSKOOL

Thread: H&R Model 360 Ultra

Tenderfoot
    Member #

H&R Model 360 Ultra

I purchased an H&R 360 semi-auto in .308 last November. I have been searching for an owner's manual since that time. No luck with eBay or even a Google search. If anyone has any idea where I could get a copy (even photocopy or PDF copy), I would sure appreciate the information.

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    I do not know where you can get a manual, but I know a little about the ultra rifles. They were made in the 70's to compete with the high-end rifles of that time. The barrels were Douglas premium air gauged match grade. The stocks were a Fajen "aristocrat" the checkering was done in-house by hand by 2 ladies that worked there. I had one in a bolt gun in the early 90's I let get away, it was 308 with a Sako action. I now have 2, a model 700 in 22-250 with an FN action and a very rare model 301 full stock with FN action in a 243. They have all been stone cold tack drivers. the bolt guns had either a FN or Sako action. I think the semi-autos are a great gun as well.
    IMG_4036.jpg102_0112.jpg102_0101.jpg102_0108.JPG102_0102.jpg

I bet yours is nice! and I bet it will shoot good!
    Last edited by Dawei; 09-16-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    JMAG54, Ret_Eng, Estacado and 3 others like this.
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    You might get in contact with Cornell Publications if you haven't already. They have thousands of repro's, but not yours. But they may have sources that can help you out.
    Big, flatnose bullets eliminate tracking.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    How about show us some photos of your gun!
    Last edited by Dawei; 09-16-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    Ret_Eng likes this.
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum. You may also want to try posting on graybeard outdoors since there is a much larger subforum of H&R/NEF there. there.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I'm sorry that I can't accommodate the request for photos. My computer skills just about begin and end with Word and Excel. I have good intentions - like purchasing an Olympus digital camera several years ago that hasn't been taken out of the box and a voice transcription program that never quite got activated. It's just much more enjoyable to handle, search for, and learn about old guns. I'll be 62 next month and I have begun to notice that the world is speeding up while I am rapidly slowing down! Hopefully, I will upgrade my computer skills at some point to become more fully integrated with the forum. Thank you for asking.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Hey canmoose, I have one too. I'll give you a little history on it that might surprise you
    it came into being because H&R was one of the arms manufacturers that was apart of the M-14 T48 trials in the fifties.
    The manufactured thr FN FAL that was used in the trials. So what's this got to do with the model 360
    well it has a short gasbpiston of the M-14 and it has the rear tilting and locking bolt of the FN FAL!!!!
    oh if you try and take it apart when you loosen all the screws slightly pull back on the bolt handle to release everything from the stock. Once you have it out of the stock you'll notice the gas system screws and the gas block plug have very small pins locking them in place. Don't try and remove the gas system parts without removing the pins!!!
    Incase you didn't know it 308 Winchester ammo is loaded hotter than military 7.62X51 ammo. So this rifle likes upper end loads. Mine really likes IMR 4064 under 150 gr bullets at just about 2880 FPS, but you'll have to test your rifle and see.
    SB

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) has a pdf of the schematic w/parts list, but I don't see an owners manual.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thank you for the information. I'm still looking for an owner's manual--odd that they are so scarce.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    I never had a H&R 360. When I had a shop I bought a dealers package of Weaver scope bases. When I folded up shop I still had them
    all. That makes them fairly scarce. The 301 were popular around here because the rifling was suppose to have been invented by a local
    gunsmith name of Herman Barb. The early guns with the polygonal rifling have his mark on the barrel. I've had a few 301s and they were all top of the line fit & finish and shot well.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links