• 1 Post By tranteruk
  • 1 Post By 94win30wcf
  • 1 Post By tranteruk
  • 1 Post By NewtoSkeet

Thread: Take care of yourself.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #

Take care of yourself.

Well I just go home from a routine colonoscopy. good to go. get your check ups. take care of yourself. sides I gotta vote !

Wrangler
    Member #
    A year old thread, but I'm going to bring it back to life.

My maternal grandmother had 18 inches of cancerous colon removed back in the late 70s. She lived to age 97 with no recurrence. My mother underwent surgery for colon cancer in 1995, but during the operation the doctors discovered that the cancer had spread into her liver; she passed away less than two years later.

I've had half a dozen colonoscopies since then, because of my family history. The only thing found has been a few polyps, which were removed during the procedure and before anything could develop.

Colonoscopies save lives. If your doctor recommends it, get 'er done. It's easy, and sure beats the alternative. I have two grandchildren that I have promised to be here for, and help grow up.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    A VERY treatable cancer if caught Early! Get your colonoscopies...if nothin' else, you'll get a good sleep out of it!
    JMAG54 and 94win30wcf like this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    yup! to all the above...……..

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I had one. Just routine but worth it. I understand most men find the idea of medics poking around our private areas unpleasant. Completely normal reaction. But, it could save your life which is a pretty serious matter. I have seen people I know die early and quickly from illness that may have been caught earlier. One went in a month! Not nice.
    94win30wcf likes this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tranteruk View Post
    I had one. Just routine but worth it. I understand most men find the idea of medics poking around our private areas unpleasant. Completely normal reaction. But, it could save your life which is a pretty serious matter. I have seen people I know die early and quickly from illness that may have been caught earlier. One went in a month! Not nice.
    me. ive lost 2 friends to colon cancer. one 38! one 45!
    tranteruk likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 94win30wcf View Post
    me. ive lost 2 friends to colon cancer. one 38! one 45!
    Sorry for your loss. I have also lost friends and know its difficult.
    94win30wcf likes this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Helps if the doctor has a sense of humor. My last one, a year ago was in part because my red blood cell count dropped. The day of the procedure, the doctor told me, if he didn't see any problems up there he wanted to do an upper GI. I asked him to wipe off the camera first. He said they use a different rig. Afterwards I come to and he walks in and asks "do you have a funny taste in your mouth?" He gave me an all clear and come back in 10 years.

Seriously, get over your pride, fear, whatever; easy procedure to prevent a horrible way to die.
    94win30wcf likes this.

Certified Gunnut
    Formerly Crystal Coast of NC, Now in Sandhills of NC
    Member #
    Best Nap you can have this side of the grass! And may even keep you on this side of it many years longer. To Quote Our "Favorite" shoe comp'ny - "Just Do It!"

“Conservatives want to alter their lifestyles to meet reality. Leftists want to alter reality to meet their lifestyles” - Frank Turek, Cross Examine Radio Show
    Reading or Listening for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation - Tar_Heel 336
    "The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its Limits" - Albert Einstein
    ”Yup, but I was on a rant” 49FMarlin... "I hear ya, Brother - Been There, Done That" - Tar_Heel

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links