Marlin Firearms Forum banner

What are you going to plant?

5K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  Daltond 
#1 ·
Anybody going to try something new?.
I am going to plant a new spot in the woods along my one tractor trail . It's going to take a lot of work, mite look into renting a yorkrake, that's something I don't have,
This project is on my bucket list .

#32 ·
I am going with Heirloom vegetables and melons for the most part this year. I am planting 4 types of tomatoes. Indian Stripe I received from rclint here, Lillian's Yellow, Maralinga Dwarf, and German Green.
For melons I am going with Mabrys Yellow Watermelon, a Cobb county Ga heirloom from the early 1900's, Kleckley's Red, another Ga Heirloom, Moon and Stars, an Oldie but a Goodie.And one modern Hybrid,
Orange Krisp, a seedless orange watermelon. Corn will be Will's Early June, and Howling Mob, both sweet heirlooms, the first a white variety, the second is yellow. The lettuce is called All Year Round, a heirloom type of Butterhead the I have grown before. All the others are new to me, but I think they will do well in this area.
As an afterthought I am adding a few Varieties of peppers as I seem to use a lot of them in cooking every year. The Crook Squash is from seeds one of my Uncles gave me, and they usually do real well here.

Reactions: turbobug
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.