The most dangerous place to go on weekends. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: The most dangerous place to go on weekends.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Anywhere that can be considered a "Soft" target which is any public place of gathering if you live in a "Libertard" run State.
    cajun56, rclint and MidBigWest like this.

me
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Here is some real good thinkin
    So the shoulder lanes are for the bus... but if you are exiting to the right... it is legal to move into the right lane (and you should)
    Deal is... who expects a bus to catch you when they are stopping along the way.
    My best guess is this guy didn't know the bus was coming up on his right and truck turned from 2nd lane

wreck 11th on 2 26 18 small file.jpg
    "I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson, Letter to William Ludlow, September 6, 1824

team 45/70 #244, team Browning #40
    Hey All... do the right thing and read the rules

https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/s...ite-rules.html

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Seems to be a trend here that some councils are now putting in traffic lights rather than roundabouts. The result being that the traffic is slowed down and gnarled up to an unbelievable level. The magic roundabout in Hemel Hempstead ...................... I thought that was an April Fool's joke when it first came out
    The best time to shoot is just before you get there, and just after you leave !!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Over the course of time, round-abouts move more traffic with fewer accidents than traditional intersections. They're great for intersections with 2 or more lanes in each direction, or IOW, larger intersections with traffic lights, or that SHOULD otherwise have traffic lights.

We have a few of them here in Sugar Land, but they're at intersections or spurs that would be better-served with stop signs.
    cajun56, rclint, me and 1 others like this.
    "If you can remember all of the guns you own, you don't have enough." -- Me

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." -- Col. Townsend Whelen

Distinguished Master
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Parking lots can be fun...

I am kinda liking the Roundabouts (Oregon has discovered this super collider and wants them everywhere).
    They put 3 in... in a community of 60,000 that serves half a Million several years ago.

Twice I have gone down and parked on a side street to watch the circus of the biggest and busiest one in work hour traffic (I think I will start selling tickets to this event).
    who knows but most of the drivers been driving this for at least 10 yrs...
    Friday night...work hour traffic and I saw about 45 min of ............. speeders, people who wouldn't go when 1/2 the circle was empty for them... seen one guy stop in the circle
    to let the traffic on his right enter the circle (telling ya this was funner than WWF at its best).

People... I am tellin ya... we know some people don't know how to drive, but if you have a roundabout in your hood you just have to go witness the event from as far off the sidewalk
    as you can get
    We have an exit off our Northway, which is a larger highway, that dumps you off into a roundabout. That connects to two more roundabouts, before your true it all, and on your way. l would love to know how many accidents, they have there a year!
    Last edited by Dawei; 06-05-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    cajun56, rclint, me and 1 others like this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsparrow View Post
    I got used to round-a-bouts while serving in the UK, and kinda' like them myself. The problem I've seen with some put in more recently in some towns around here, is that they are sort of small in comparison to those I used a lot, and more an afterthought so to say. Some I used overseas are so large, you almost don't know you're using one. City planners here seem to be trying to squeeze them into to a lay-out designed more for traffic signals originally, and not enough real estate/room to do it right. If designed into the early stages of city planning, they work pretty darn good. The advantages are you don't have to stop, not wasting gas or time waiting for a signal to change, or the left/right turn arrows to finally get done, and also the less pollution angle bonus due to all that. Plus, if you screwed up missing the turn/street you wanted, just keep going around to get back to it in short order, ha!

Btw, MO now has a new area for threads similar to this, be it life's happenings and/or thoughts that don't quite fit elsewhere and to "chat about stuff" so to say. It's called Gunrunners Grotto & Smoking Lounge just below the Asylum in the main menu. I can move it there if you want..?

Go for it!

Gr8rtst.
    cajun56, rclint, AZsparrow and 1 others like this.
    USAF 1973-77 - Served proudly & Honorably
    NRA Life/Endowment Member - American Legion member
    "A knight in tarnished armor " - born in the USA . . . so, I guess that makes me a 'native American'.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Anyway, you have to admit, that in this day and age, when you enter into the arena of the parking lot, you are entering at your own risk. It could and probably will happen to you - eventually.

Years ago, I and my first wife had recently moved to Valdosta, GA after her tour in Okinawa was over. I drove her car with a flat-bed tow trailer behind my Jeep Cherokee. Made it all the way - no problems. Her car had been garaged for 2 years while she was serving overseas.

On the weekend we arrived, we decided to take her '92 Acura Legend for a spin to a nearby shopping mall.

It's Sunday, and there are absolutely no cars in this mall's parking lot. Most of the cars in the lot are parked close to the stores' entrances, so I decided I would park farther away from any cars - call it "snobbery". You know, like the guy who uses two parking spaces so you can't park close to his "jewel". At least I didn't 'hog' any spaces.

Murphy's Law still applies. After spending some time shopping, we head for the car - I can't believe my eyes! We had parked our car a considerable distance across the lot - maybe the distance of a football field. Here is a rusted-out pick-up resting against the right front-end of the Acura!

Somehow, this guy forgot to put his truck in gear, and when he got out, it managed to roll down, diagonally, across the parking area and came to rest on ours. There were no other cars between where his began to roll and when it hit ours!

Parking lots - enter at your own risk!

Gr8rtst.
    USAF 1973-77 - Served proudly & Honorably
    NRA Life/Endowment Member - American Legion member
    "A knight in tarnished armor " - born in the USA . . . so, I guess that makes me a 'native American'.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Supermarkets and shopping carts... see something and stop dead blocking everybody... if they don't realize there are other people shopping... I tell them it is like driving a car STAY TO THE RIGHT... and they call me rude.
    Last edited by Dawei; 06-05-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Distinguished Master
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Member #
    An MS-13 gang rendezvous!
    Last edited by Dawei; 06-05-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    cajun56 and MidBigWest like this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Between New Iberia and Loreauville, LA they put in one of those roundabouts! Watched so many people just go round and not exit! I checked license plates to make sure and yep! All from Louisiana!

Years ago they had those in Alexandra, LA to get to different state roads, to go up north LA, I was driving big rigs at the time.

ca'jun56
    Last edited by Dawei; 06-05-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    no primers and MidBigWest like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links