Hunting ear buds? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Hunting ear buds?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I have a pair of Dillon ear muffs. I have hearing loss from the military. These muffs have dual mic's so you can tell sound direction and work very well to amplify sound and shut down for gun fire. Also keep my ears cozy warm.
    HoploDad likes this.
    Team 45-70 Member #946
    Team Old Pharts #160
    Team 1894 #350

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I got a pair of the Walker's ear buds recently. I got the battery kind so I didn't have to worry about recharging while afield. Carrying extra batteries is no big deal. Sounds do come through well, but it does sound artificial. Either way my ears ring enough as is. I'll deal with it to protect my hearing
    drinva likes this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I wear electronic muffs when hunting, wish I would have started it years ago. I have constant ringing in my ears, I even wear ear protection when hammering or operating anything that produces any kind loud noise. The bonus of sound amplification of sound is nice. At the range if I am shooting big bore I use inter ear and outer muffs. I have been trying to get my daughter on board with wearing protection when she is hunting, she is resisting my advise
    Love me some 45-70's
    Can't get enough 22 Mags

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat 74 View Post
    Tried some Walkers ear buds and can’t like them.

i use Predator pro ears gold. They increase your ability to hear and I can’t tell the direction of sound. I have a cheaper set for range work and while they amplify sound I can not tell direction.
    I found the same thing. I couldn't tell the direction of the sound. I hunt in a agricultural area. There are 2 major hiways about half a mile away. Even with them turned down, they picked up all the road traffic, and noise from farm yards. I had the Walker and another brand.
    drinva likes this.
    Still a deplorable in 2020

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Redbone View Post
    Can you determine direction of sound with the individual ear buds? I have Walker electronic muffs that I like a lot except they have the external mics wired up to both sides, so there no way to tell direction of sound. Everything sounds lik it’s directly behind, directly in front, or directly overhead.
    I really haven't noticed but I don't think the amplified sound is directional. I'll be watching (listening) for that the next time I use them. Whatever is still audible with them in would be, maybe to somewhat lesser extent, but they are like wearing earplugs.

Tim
    drinva likes this.

"The Cowboy Way"

I'm not really a cowboy but I still want to be one when I grow up.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    When I hunt....I want my ears exposed and listening as I'm a stalker......I use the same inexpensive manual orange plastic around the neck outfit that Hickok45 utilizes during his incessant loud repetitive range firing. They are quiet and easy to move from around my neck to ear insertion....and cost a couple bucks and do a decent job and weigh nothing. Otherwise....I want my ears fully functional and exposed to listen.
    drinva likes this.
    2004 JM Marlin 1895 GS 45-70/Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8
    Ruger SS Redhawk 44m 4.2"
    Ruger SS GP100 357m 4.2"
    Weihrauch HW-30 .177 Air Rifle
    Team 30-30, 45-70, Winchester

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Redbone View Post
    Can you determine direction of sound with the individual ear buds? I have Walker electronic muffs that I like a lot except they have the external mics wired up to both sides, so there no way to tell direction of sound. Everything sounds lik it’s directly behind, directly in front, or directly overhead.
    It depends on the muffs. Some are mono others stereo. My walkers razors are stereo and allow me to determine the direction of a noise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links