Killin' Without a Weapon - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Killin' Without a Weapon

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Isn't East Palistine up around East Liverpool? When I was in business I bought a truck load of bullets from a company up there. I think the name was Cast Away. I went up and picked them up to save shipping. This was in 80s, I think they went out of business since.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Yep, East Liverpool is about a half hour south of East Palestine. Never heard of Cast Away but there are a few casters around here. Mastercast Bullet Co. in Enon Valley is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    That may have been the company I bought from. I use to buy bulk and go after it myself for bullets and powder. Small dealer needed the edge for pricing. I use to go clear to Rio Grande, Ohio to get loads of powder, primers, bullets and ammo from a distributor that cut small guys bulk deals. Had to buy enough to make trip & time worth while. The small distributors are pretty well gone now. They use to send salesmen out, computers did away with that. Buckeye over at Canton was my main distributor until Big John the owner passed, then they went down hill.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    My dad's cowboy partner helped get a turkey once. They were shopping for some cattle and the rancher (with cowboy riding shotgun) was leading dad to the heard. Cowboy leaned over to see the speedometer pointed to 95 as they were running down a two-track trail through the pasture. As he's leaning back he sees a turkey coming over the hood and drops to the floor.

Turkey goes through the windshield and lands in the seat.

Cowboy and driver get out and shake all the glass of of their clothes. Dad caught up with them about the time they were checking out the turkey. Said it was like a leather bag of jell-o. Bet it broke every bone in that bird!

I bagged a coyote pup with a adjustable wrench once -- out of ammo from shooting rabbits I had to chase him down and apply wrench to his neck.

Then hung him on the fence as a warning to others.
    Merle1 likes this.
    Wild Turkey

Marlin 39A Mountie, 1960
    Marlin 336 TEXAN .35 Rem, 1960
    CMP Springfield Armory M1 Garand, 1943

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links