Henry rifle question.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Henry rifle question.

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Henry rifle question.

I saw a video, it showed a Henry will jam if you have a rd in the chamber and the mag tube if the lever is opened just a little bit. is this true?

Gunfighter
    Member #
    My Big Boiy Brass would jam if short cycled sometimes.
    Liking to see if the case was empty, or OAL problems.
    94win30wcf likes this.
    Tim​
    A confirmed Pedant

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I have owned and shot a Henry in 45-70 and in .44 mag over the last 6 years and have never had a jam. But, I have also shot a JM Marlin in .44 mag over the last 7 years without a jam. I did have to put about $150.00 Into the Marlin (WW trigger, smoothed up action) to make it a better shooter
    Travlin, 94win30wcf and rob42049 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Do you really think that if the rifles*of H.R. A. were jamomatics that they produce and sell 300 thousand a year? This number is from an article about the company in a recent issue of Guns Of The Old West. I would suggest going to the Henry forum to get more information. I have a Big Boy Steel in .44 Magnum and it has worked flawlessly from day one.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I have a Big Boy 44 mag that I bought used some years back, and had not one jam.
    I also bought a big Boy Steel in 41 mag when they first came out, it has been flawless with no issues at all.

RP
    miket156, Travlin, JACKTW and 2 others like this.

Monty Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Travlin View Post
    Do you really think that if the rifles*of H.R. A. were jamomatics that they produce and sell 300 thousand a year? This number is from an article about the company in a recent issue of Guns Of The Old West. I would suggest going to the Henry forum to get more information. I have a Big Boy Steel in .44 Magnum and it has worked flawlessly from day one.
    I wish I could link the video. the guy opened the lever a short distance a rd got stuck on the carrier the lever would not close or open.
    Pereira likes this.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    When a product is made to be as foolpoof as possible , there is always a fool to prove them wrong. The person in the video that you watched should most likely not have access to a sharp pencil let alone a firearm. I am sure that if one wanted to , he or she could make anything jam including a remlin, Marlin , or H.R.A. product and even a computer keyboard.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 94win30wcf View Post
    I wish I could link the video. the guy opened the lever a short distance a rd got stuck on the carrier the lever would not close or open.
    The first time it happened to me , it ended that range session because I could not figure out the cause of the jam.
    When I got it home and sat down a looked at it, I saw how the as the bolt pushed back the hammer , if I short cycled as the locking bolt notch went over the hammer, the hammer could get wedged in three cutout on the bolt and jam.
    Easy fix, just hold down the hammer.
    When it happened again at the range I knew what to do.
    Tried to replicate on a Marlin, couldn't.
    Pereira, Lever Jac and 94win30wcf like this.
    Tim​
    A confirmed Pedant

Sidewinder
    Member #
    My BBB .357 had an occasional minor 'hangup' on cycling when new but continual shooting smoothed it up and and an eventual complete tear down, detailed cleaning, smoothing and polishing a few 'rough' spots eliminated the hangup.
    Pereira and 94win30wcf like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Travlin View Post
    When a product is made to be as foolpoof as possible , there is always a fool to prove them wrong. The person in the video that you watched should most likely not have access to a sharp pencil let alone a firearm. I am sure that if one wanted to , he or she could make anything jam including a remlin, Marlin , or H.R.A. product and even a computer keyboard.
    Yep, there are a lot of things that are illegal in our country, being stupid is not one of them. There are people that are always unhappy, disgruntled, complainers, whiners, etc. From what I have experienced, most of them are Democrats, and all of them voted for Hilary Clinton.

Mike T.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links