Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: Gen-u-wine pack of morons here

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    amazing ........

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Well, Im convinced... he is proof there is always a bigger idiot...

Am i the only one that, after hearing him talk and have his little 'roid fits, wish the guy just popped him in the head?
    Team 60 #186
    Team 30-30 #987
    Team Semi-Auto #34
    Team 45/70 #1801
    Team Wheel Guns #100

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Reminds me a a guy here who bought some 'body armour' on Ebay and decided to test it. Good thought, maybe against sand. However he got a friend to shoot him wearing it and sure enough, he was killed. The shooter was charged, being as he had a choice and could have refused.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    all by himself, he is dumb and dumber,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth,,mike Tyson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tranteruk View Post
    Reminds me a a guy here who bought some 'body armour' on Ebay and decided to test it. Good thought, maybe against sand. However he got a friend to shoot him wearing it and sure enough, he was killed. The shooter was charged, being as he had a choice and could have refused.
    I cannot remember which one it was, either Pope or Young who visited a British museum and was shown the armor of the times. A discussion followed on whether the armor would stop an arrow from an English Longbow. The curator was so sure he said he would wear it for a test. It was one of the two who made English Longbows out of yew and while theirs were 80 pound draws were not particularly heavy for that type of bow. Instead of wearing the armor the shooter insisted they try it filled with a material first. The arrow punched through the armor, went through the filler and stopped at the back. They claimed the curator that offered to wear it was a little white faced. Armor would not stop much but was good at deflection but ;not at straight on hits. Both Pope and Young, who our archery record association is named after, preferred the long bow.
    DEP

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by northmn View Post
    I cannot remember which one it was, either Pope or Young who visited a British museum and was shown the armor of the times. A discussion followed on whether the armor would stop an arrow from an English Longbow. The curator was so sure he said he would wear it for a test. It was one of the two who made English Longbows out of yew and while theirs were 80 pound draws were not particularly heavy for that type of bow. Instead of wearing the armor the shooter insisted they try it filled with a material first. The arrow punched through the armor, went through the filler and stopped at the back. They claimed the curator that offered to wear it was a little white faced. Armor would not stop much but was good at deflection but ;not at straight on hits. Both Pope and Young, who our archery record association is named after, preferred the long bow.
    DEP
    Never knew that story, good one thanks. I had a long bow in my teens. Archery was, is, a popular hobby here. You may know in days of old archery practice every Sunday was actually the law in England. No choice. It was to make sure when called upon to fight, the country had a good supply of competent archers.

As an archer, it may interest you to know the bones of the archers recovered from the Mary Rose ship had much greater bone growth on the shoulders, due to pulling the great weights of the powerful bows over long periods. I went once to the museum and saw the ship and much of the recovered items. The recovered bows, 137 apparently, were about 6'6" long and had a draw weight over 100 lbs.
    Last edited by tranteruk; 05-22-2020 at 06:00 AM.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by no guns here View Post
    brain-dead...
    ....And they breed! The gene pool should stop right there. Should have popped him in the jewels.

AC

Another idiot:

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/01/o...bruce-lee.html
    Last edited by gunscrewguy; 05-22-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    ballistics04 and Sambane like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Brains always wins over brawn---if'n any brains are present.................
    Sambane and gunscrewguy like this.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tranteruk View Post
    Never knew that story, good one thanks. I had a long bow in my teens. Archery was, is, a popular hobby here. You may know in days of old archery practice every Sunday was actually the law in England. No choice. It was to make sure when called upon to fight, the country had a good supply of competent archers.

As an archer, it may interest you to know the bones of the archers recovered from the Mary Rose ship had much greater bone growth on the shoulders, due to pulling the great weights of the powerful bows over long periods. I went once to the museum and saw the ship and much of the recovered items. The recovered bows, 137 apparently, were about 6'6" long and had a draw weight over 100 lbs.
    Don't remember the which King made that requirement, but it was aimed at maintaining a militia if you will of archers. Paid off in Agincourt as the outnumbered British troops shot the heck out of the French. I think I read somewhere that a captured English archer would have one of his fingers removed on his drawing hand before release to guarantee that he would not draw a bow again. They had to shoot at 180 paces in practice at a post. Started a specific competition where the bullseye was drawn around the post on the ground and the best scores were those arrows closest to the post.

Ben Franklin mentioned that longbows would be more effective than the muskets used in the American revolution. Greater rate of fire and possibly more accurate. Problem was that of the need for greater training. Both Pontiac and Tecumseh wanted the tribes to return to the old ways as by their time many Natives did not use bows but converted to the trade muskets. They were dependent on European trade for muckets but not for bows. Some preferred bows for buffalo running on horseback.

DEP

DEP
    Sambane and gunscrewguy like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    What a chop! ..... egg whites and chicken breasts only I suppose.
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links