Law Enforcement Still in Business
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Law Enforcement Still in Business

Sidewinder
    North Texas, but hope to move to the Texas gulf coast soon.
    Member #

Law Enforcement Still in Business

I don't know if any of you have noticed or have the need to go on a road trip like I did yesterday, but when you get away from the urban areas, people are acting like there are no laws or law enforcement officers anymore. My wife and I had to make a trip from Fort Worth to Austin yesterday and it was like a scene out of Mad Max on I-35. People have absolutely gone berserk. I lost count of the near misses and close calls we had with hyper-aggressive drivers going way, way over the speed limit. I've spent a lot of time on the freeways between Fort Worth and Austin and San Antonio, but yesterday was by far the worst I've ever seen.

There were Texas DPS troopers out there, but not nearly enough. For whatever reason, the pandemic seems to be instigating a lot of lawless behavior. For heaven's sake, would someone tell the idiots that law enforcement has not gone away. LEOs are still in business.

Good thing I didn't have to go stand in line at the gun store the past few days. I had that duck in the row a long time ago.
    45-70, the original a-salt rifle! (What is a salt rifle anyway?)

"All Scripture is God breathed, and God does not have bad breath!" - W.A. Criswell

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Today at 2:00 p.m. Ohio's governor announced a "stay at home" order that will commence Tuesday at 12:00 midnight. As a part of the announcement, he said that gas stations, pharmacies, and grocery stores will continue to be open, and travel to any of them will still be permissible. I have a friend who is a 9-1-1 call center supervisor. Despite the fact that grocery stores (and travel to them) will continue after the ban, and despite the fact that the commencement of the ban was still a day and a half away, he told me that by 2:30 a Kroger store had called asking for police assistance with crowds. The wackos are out there.
    336 Fan, cajun56, Blaine and 3 others like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnyaks View Post
    I don't know if any of you have noticed or have the need to go on a road trip like I did yesterday, but when you get away from the urban areas, people are acting like there are no laws or law enforcement officers anymore. My wife and I had to make a trip from Fort Worth to Austin yesterday and it was like a scene out of Mad Max on I-35. People have absolutely gone berserk. I lost count of the near misses and close calls we had with hyper-aggressive drivers going way, way over the speed limit. I've spent a lot of time on the freeways between Fort Worth and Austin and San Antonio, but yesterday was by far the worst I've ever seen.

There were Texas DPS troopers out there, but not nearly enough. For whatever reason, the pandemic seems to be instigating a lot of lawless behavior. For heaven's sake, would someone tell the idiots that law enforcement has not gone away. LEOs are still in business.

Good thing I didn't have to go stand in line at the gun store the past few days. I had that duck in the row a long time ago.
    Sounds like a bigtime multiple country band Shindig is in town to me.........LOL.
    cajun56 and gunscrewguy like this.
    My avatar is in Honor of my Great Grandfather , Corporal J.M. Johnston , who fought for the Confederate 36th Regiment , Company H , Heavy Artillery & who was captured by the Union at Fort Fisher, NC on Jan. 15 1865 at @ 10:00PM.

God, Guns, and Guts Made America Free.

At Any Cost Keep All Three !

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    oh they are still around, in fact weekly they fly around me breaking laws driving like idiots! no lights or siren's on. I see them speeding more than the public,,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth,,mike Tyson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Crossing that 18 mile bridge over that swamp from Baton Rouge to Lafayette, all I seen lately is those Texas plates speeding by me on that bridge. Myself I'm guilty of speeding, but when I'm doing 70 and and all you see is a blur passing by!

Mad Max days cool! I can put a cattle bumper on front and have some fun. Lol!

ca'jun56
    durf, gunscrewguy, JohnD13 and 2 others like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Yes, they are in business. We are all about to find that out once they get to play their real life video game of keeping people in their homes. They're in business all right and it scares me. Especially considering the BS being signed by local governments using the words like "procurement" and "as needed".
    Marlins: 1951 336RC .30-30 - 1951 39A "Peanut" - 1988 Model 60 (22" blued) - 1982 783 22WMR
    Bangin' Blackhawks Member #30 Team .22 Mag Member #69 Team 30-30 Member #1328 Team Rossi #77
    GM World Class Technician since 2003

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Just a prelude of what to expect when the real SHTF! I'm not as prepared as I thought I was about some things, but I will be for future times. Not fear mongering, just stating fact. This is education time.
    Big, flatnose bullets eliminate tracking.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Yup, LE is still with you. ........Many here might just have a real 'I appreciate the cops' story if the crap was to hit the fan, which I believe it won't. Still, they have adjusted contrary to all the conspiracy crap to 'reserve' so as to stay capable of responding to the BS we create out of our panic or the shear evil that is out there.

They won't run, don't worry folks.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Here in PA police are not making arrests. My local department won’t show up for a burglary or theft, just send a report.
    They actually sent a alert stating this.
    Speeding? They weren’t controlling that before this crisis. We’re on our own.
    But the Governor has assigned our State Troopers to close and arrest anyone who keeps their business's open against his wishes. Despite multiple lawsuits against him. Can’t buy a gun, but beer distributors and lottery sales are going strong.
    Read about Katrina in NO. Cops looted, the EMTs and Firefighters did their jobs.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Gov issued stay at home last night here in NY. You can still go to grocery store, doctor etc. I need propane today. I am fully expecting to have to talk to a bunch of national guard troops each way. No traffic on our road yet today and I have been up for hours.
    cajun56 and 94win30wcf like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links