Is the used gun market trending upward?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Is the used gun market trending upward?

Wrangler
    Member #

Is the used gun market trending upward?

I went to the Original Fort Worth gun show today, and for those of you who arenít familiar with it, itís probably one of the biggest gun shows around and takes place approximately every 4 to 6 weeks. I usually make it out around three or four times a year. Over the last two or three years, when Iíve attended, parking was easy & traffic was moderate compared to previous years, until today. Not only did I have to park a block and a half away, traffic was backed up on the highway to exit to the road leading to the gun show (University Dr.), and there was a line at the door that took about 15-20 minutes before I could access the show. The isles were packed and I spoke to a few exhibitors who told me that they had already sold more in a half day than they had sold during the full two days of any show that they could remember during the previous couple of years. I havenít seen that much traffic at a gun show since just after the Sandy Hook tragedy.

I hope this is a sign that demand is growing again. What are your thoughts?
    Team 1894 #516
    Team 22 Magnum #198

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

Super Moderator
    Member #
    After the greatest gun salesman of all time (lawless O) and creating a red hot market, Trump was elected and the market crashed. It's been seriously slow but seems to be on the uptick of late.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. Ė Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Fear of Bloomberg/Clinton.
    ​SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
    "These are the times that try men's souls." - Thomas Paine 12/23/1776
    "A Republic, if you can keep it.Ē Benjamin Franklin 1787

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Will find out when I go to the local gun show today in Lafayette, LA. Not going to hold my breath for anything jumping out at me screaming buy me! Way to many black rifles and knives!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I try to get to about 3 to 4 shows a year. The show in Syracuse in April, the NEAAS show in Sturbridge, Ma. In June, and usually one of the shows in Albany. Price haven't lost any ground as far as I can tell. A few too many none firearms related vendors at a couple of them though.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that makes a difference.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun56 View Post
    Will find out when I go to the local gun show today in Lafayette, LA. Not going to hold my breath for anything jumping out at me screaming buy me! Way to many black rifles and knives!

ca'jun56
    Black rifles and knives are better than beef jerky, shoe cleaner, and handbags.
    Marlins: 1951 336RC .30-30 - 1951 39A "Peanut" - 1988 Model 60 (22" blued) - 1982 783 22WMR
    Bangin' Blackhawks Member #30 Team .22 Mag Member #69 Team 30-30 Member #1328 Team Rossi #77
    GM World Class Technician since 2003

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    The dems submitting anti-gun bill after anti-gun bill is awaking the gun crowd up. Lets hope they all vote this fall.
    ​~ Mike <*)(((((>{
    MO Project Threads: 44-40 Restore , DIY Case Annealer

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

Wrangler
    Member #
    I'm going to have to make it a point of going to the FW gun show. There is a local show here in Allen that really is abysmal. No bargains, limited selection and waaaay overpriced. Mostly vendors selling jerky, turquoise belt buckles, and gaudy knives. I've also never gone to the Mesquite gun show held a the events center where they do the Mesquite rodeo. I've heard its one of the better ones over here on this side of the metroplex.
    Marlinjunkie and jertex like this.
    Marlin 336W .30-30 - Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage RR.22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - ATI OmniMaxx AR Pistol 10.5"
    == USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team = NRA = Tx LTC ==

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
    The dems submitting anti-gun bill after anti-gun bill is awaking the gun crowd up. Lets hope they all vote this fall.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VFW Life Member
    AMVETS Life Member
    101st Airborne Division Assoc. Life Member

Wrangler
    Member #
    I was at the Ft. Worth show yesterday.
    My close friend has a FFL and we make pretty much all the shows in DFW. I like the Ft. Worth show, but I felt like there was more non-gun stuff this time.
    I noticed that gun prices were up just a bit, but apparently that didn't stop the public, and the crowd was so thick it was hard sometimes to get to the tables.
    It seemed to me that trade in black guns was down a bit. Don't know if that is because everyone has one now, or the panic has subsided somewhat. There were several really nice used and antique guns that came by our table.
    When you make as many shows as my friend and I make a year you get to where you recognize the things that the regulars have on their tables. Many times, it is the same as the last show. That can be a good thing at times because it gives you a "second" chance on something you passed up and wished you hadn't at the last show.
    Me, I'm always looking for antique guns and gun parts so most of the time I come home from the local shows empty handed.
    The big shows for me are the Wannamaker Tulsa show, April and November ,the largest gun show in the world, and the Colorado gun collectors' show in Denver in May. Those are shows that are worth the time and expense to attend.
    Pay no attention to the mess in my shop. My best work comes from chaos!

NRA Endowment, TSRA life, ex NRA Hi-Power, and Palma...lost that fight to cataracts and glaucoma....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links