What is with all of this white dirt? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: What is with all of this white dirt?

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun56 View Post
    Cool!

Just think of Louisiana people! A little ice on road and fools crash for nothing!

ca'jun56
    Hahaha....Up here in MA they should be used to it....but they are exactly the same as down there.....Idiots!!!!

redhawk
    The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Be Alert....we need more lerts.
    Not all who wander....are lost.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    There are always idiots on the road, the snow just exposes them for what they are. Incompetent drivers.
    Ret_Eng, Tomray and 94win30wcf like this.
    ​~ Mike
    <*)(((((>{

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    License Plate? Wait until you can't even see the car! Happened to us one Christmas up on the Tug. Too much snow to even go snowmobiling.
    Ret_Eng likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Shooter View Post
    Ret_Eng,

My grandaughter's husband told me he passed the Virginia Hunter Safety Course on line. Can your grandson do that for a Virginia hunt, and is he too young?
    Pretty much the same here I believe, AND you can get a license to hunt without having the hunter safety course ONE time, as long as you hunt with someone who IS licensed...Like a mentoring program! After that, you need to take the course in order to get your license.
    Ret_Eng likes this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    Hahaha....Up here in MA they should be used to it....but they are exactly the same as down there.....Idiots!!!!

redhawk
    Yep, I was up in MA on Sunday when the storm hit. Lots of accidents on Mass pke. Some (many) thought it was a good idea to pass traffic and ended up in the guardrail or slamming into others. I almost got hit twice by drivers trying to pass. idiots.
    Ret_Eng likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret_Eng View Post
    My son will be taking some leave from his Army duties right after Christmas. The plan for my son and grandson is to hunt with me in VA for 3-4 days in late December. We hope to get the new Bushnell Trophy 2-7X sighted in for my grandson during that time. He hasn't been through a hunters safety course yet--so he will be an observer only. My son had my grandson signed up for a course last year in KY but the Army had other plans. My son was sent to the US Army Recruiter school and got transferred to NY. Hopefully he can get to a safety course next year.
    Your grand son doesn't need a license in Va. to hunt on his grand parents land so I think he's good to go.
    Bill
    Ret_Eng likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Ret_Eng likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    from VA Game Dept. Resident or nonresident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner’s parents, resident or nonresident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish (on inland waters) within the boundaries of their own lands.
    Bill
    M700 and Ret_Eng like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I love the "white dirt" - it's a bit of a bother with shoveling and driving, but wow...

A small group of us were out snowshoeing in it yesterday. First snowshoe hike for my new dog, he of course loved it.

Hopefully it will be another long, cold, white winter here in the Northwest.

Guy

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Did a lot of snowshoeing for Uncle Sam back in the day with full combat gear. I actually enjoyed cross country skiing the most when we were on somewhat flat ground. Trying to downhill ski with US Army "suicide skids" was not fun. The white intermediate length 6th ID (Arctic Light) snow skis (suicide skids) that we were issued were supposed to be good enough for downhill and cross country skiing. Of course--nothing built for several applications can do any of them very well.
    Last edited by Ret_Eng; 12-05-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links