Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Survived black Friday

Distinguished Master
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Member #

Survived black Friday

At Cabela's, took my neighbor and his son, we got there
    Just in time for lunch. I had their chilli, got some jalapeno peppers to fix it up . They each got Elk burgers and French fries.
    The store had a good bunch of shoppers, but it was no way over crowded. It was a very pleasant shopping trip.
    I was a good boy only spent $65.00
    My neighbor was Bad he laid down $500.
    They enjoyed the trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Krusty, lever30, kah64 and 15 others like this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

Contributing Member
    Member #
    We have Bass Pro Shops down here and the one in Gainesville where my office is does not have a restaurant as it is a smaller one. The one I have been to in Tampa has a nice restaurant though. If I had eaten that chili I would still be eating it no way would I go there.
    mikom, no primers, cajun56 and 2 others like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I survived Black Friday in the timber chasing squirrels. Got a limit, had them cleaned and in the freezer by 9:50 this morning. No way I was going shopping.
    But, there is no Cabela’s here. If there was, I may have went shopping! All we have is Bass Pro, and they seem to be bad overpriced on everything. So, no shopping for me.

NRA Life/Endowment
    1968 336
    1972 Texan
    God bless our troops! Thanks to all that serve or have served!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight!

ca'jun56
    F150Grrl, Arky73, Ret_Eng and 7 others like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Went to work! ...........our Bass Pro here is somehow always crowded. Nice store though, restaurant and full bar. I like it there if only to look at stuff, not much else around. ............you know, california.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    The BPS in Springfield Mo is something to see, they have two museums, 1 for bows, 1 for guns,they have the Quigly rifle there. It was just added on to 300,000 sq ft 1.5 m gal aquarium, I have not been since it was finished.
    mikom, Ret_Eng, no primers and 4 others like this.
    What this country needs is a department of common sense! The tree of liberty would be a great place for hang mans ropes!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team Wheel gun # 74
    Team 22 bolt action # 5
    Team 60 # 511

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Whacked up a load of firewood. Went into town to mix up some Premium and my favorite 2-stroke oil, Hardware Hank's store brand. My saw loves it. Quiet day. Never did unload, it's snowing steady now, got a tarp on the wood. Tomorrow's a new day.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I was a bad boy on Black Friday! To the tune of $1312 and some change! I got a Henry 357 single shot, cute little fella by the way! Going to try it out Monday which is opening day deer gun season. A Franchi Affinity 3.5 bottom land camo, going to try it out on some close range coyotes! Also 1K small pistol, 1K small pistol magnum and 1K large pistol primers, was running a little low on primers. I don't know why I'm explaining to you all, must be instinct!! Lol.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Headed over to the local BPS with a buddy, who was just gonna go "for the ride" because our wives went shoppin' for the Black Friday sales at the mall . Was lookin' to pick up one of the camo Savage Axis XP's in 22-250 (for the 10 boxes of ammo I bought on closeout months ago) that were on sale. Didn't have it in 22-250, BUT did have one in 6.5 CM camo/compact/20" barrel...soooo picked it up! Have been thinkin' about a 6.5 for a while! THEN, the sales guy tells me, that even though they don't have the 22-250 on sale, savage still has the rebate on their full size rifles! Hmmmm AND has one in 22-250!! My enabler buddy tells me "well you came for the 22-250 so why don't you get that one TOO! SOLD! Sooo...$550 (after rebates) for TWO scoped (yeah I know, not the best scopes but they'll do for now) rifles! Not a bad deal IMHO! Well, to pay my buddy back for nudging me into the second gun, I of course HAD TO pay him back and told him "man, this is a such great deal, I REALLY think YOU should pick one up TOO! He tried to hem and haw, but I wasn't lettin' up! Finally broke him down (you know what they say about payback ) and he picked one up in 243 for a future rifle for his daughter (at least that's the story his wife's gonna get ) ! Other than the 2 hour wait to get waited on, 'twas a great day...never bought two guns at the same time and probably never will again (it's never a good thing to have two enablers at a gun store, ESPECIALLY at a sale )! Oh, and my buddy bought me lunch afterwards! Guess I made out pretty good on MY Black Friday!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Hi, no primers. Cabelas was one of two places I would have considered for a Black Friday
    foray. The other is my primary LGS, who had the Ruger 10/22 Sporter on sale for $199.00.
    Very tempting. But not tempting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun56 View Post
    Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight!

ca'jun56
    AHhh. Man after my own heart. Yeah. Imagine that. A female TS and HF fan.
    (I love that "American Hunter has HF coupon pages sometimes)

But alas. I didn't take part in the Black Friday mayhem. I cleaned the garage a bit
    so I can put the Ranger in before the Sunday/Monday ice/snow fun.

Have a safe weekend gang.
    Ret_Eng, mikom, rob42049 and 3 others like this.
    #1381 Team 30-30
    #181 Team Bolt Action Rifle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links