" Throw rocks, sticks " How about lead !
Like Tree48Likes
  • 7 Post By BillyHill
  • 7 Post By 256WinMag
  • 4 Post By 444pistol
  • 6 Post By marlinluvr
  • 3 Post By Gohon
  • 4 Post By jackdaniels
  • 5 Post By mam444
  • 5 Post By white cloud
  • 4 Post By BillyHill
  • 3 Post By Maineiac

Thread: " Throw rocks, sticks " How about lead !

Gun Wizard
    Member #

" Throw rocks, sticks " How about lead !

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Coyotes cower in a steel trap. Our trapping season starts 11/1. FWIW, bobcats Don't! A 22 short will subdue either.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Apparently they haven't heard of '00' buckshot??

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    "He hit the fence and finally dropped Johnny," she said. The coyotes then stood in the nearby field and stared at the property, Humphrey said"

It would have been ON! The next night, I would have been out in the yard with some fresh meat hangin' on a hook and the 22!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Saw a lot of cars going by on a street behind the house in the video. Probable a lot closer to the house than they appear in the video. Using a gun in that neighborhood most likely is not a option. Using a gun is no problem where I live but most likely not where they live.
    SI VIS PACEM--PARA BELLUM

WHAT WE THINK WE BECOME

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    We have coyotes here also.When ever I am outside with the dog I carry a 38 snub loaded with 2 rounds of snake shot and 3 rounds of lead.My reasoning is if the snake shot does not deter a potential attack then I have 3 back up rounds of lead.I have not had the opportunity to put my defense plan to the test and I hope I don't have to any time soon but the thing is the revolver is small and light weight and easy to carry even in my pocket.I believe if some kind of incident were to happen the noise from firing a snake shot combined with the yelling and other excitement from the encounter would probable scare an attacker away.At lest I hope that is the way it would go.You just never know when real life happens but some kind of plan is always better than no plan at all.
    The essence of retirement;

Like oats through a horse......so go the days of my life.
    I'm only in my 60s,I have a nice long life ahead......big plans.
    Eating,sleeping and swatting flies......life is good.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    You may not believe this, but I actually thanked a coyote once. I was hunting an old creek bed many years ago down here in South Texas when it was legal to hunt that creek with rifles. I had gotten there a little late that morning and didn't really want to walk the mile to mile an half down the creek bed where I normally would go. I had only gone a little past a railroad trestle, half a mile from the Highway and decided to sit by the waters edge. I had only been there about 30 minutes when I heard a big commotion across the creek. A large buck came crashing out of the brush, followed by a coyote close behind. The buck proceeded to jump into the water, to get away from the coyote, and swim across the creek. The buck swam towards me, and about 30 yards behind me and to my left. The buck was on the South side and I was on the North side of the creek when it jumped in. Well as you may have guessed, I took aim, and before the buck exited the creek I put a 165 grain Speer GS into his shoulder from my 30 06. He barely made it out of the creek and dropped. I don't remember if it was an 8 or 10 pointer. But it was a nice large bodied buck. The shot was about 30 yards. Anyway as I looked across the creek the coyote saw me and went back into the brush. I waved and thanked that coyote for chasing that buck in my direction. And folks, that is a true story, and it happened to me. What are the odds of that ever happening again. Probably never.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Poor old Frufi goes out to do it's business and almost joins the "food chain".

An acquaintance of my wife recently returned from a photo safari in South Africa. She wa in this van sort of thing with a bunch of millennials. Everyone was enjoying the beauty of the African plains when a pride of lions began taking down a zebra. Evidently the zebra did not go without a fight and there was zebra blood everywhere. Once the zebra was dead, the lion cubs started munching on fresh meat. The millennials were about to loose their cookies. I guess the lions were not yet able to shop at Whole Foods for their protein needs. Can you imagine how things would go if we all got magically transported to the Pleistocene? Many would probably stop worrying too much about global warming.
    Last edited by white cloud; 10-31-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    Golphin, JVtater, mam444 and 2 others like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Dang I thought this was going to be a good story and you were going to tells us the lions went after a bunch of tree hugger millennials.
    Quote Originally Posted by white cloud View Post
    Poor old Frufi goes out to do it's business and almost joins the "food chain".

An acquaintance of my wife recently returned from a photo safari in South Africa. She wa in this van sort of thing with a bunch of millennials. Everyone was enjoying the beauty of the African plains when a pride of lions began taking down a zebra. Evidently the zebra did not go without a fight and there was zebra blood everywhere. Once the zebra was dead, the lion cubs started munching on fresh meat. The millennials were about to loose their cookies. I guess the lions were not yet able to shop at Whole Foods for their protein needs. Can you imagine how things would go if we all got magically transported to the Pleistocene? Many would probably stop worrying too much about global warming.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Mama would not have any issues with me popping yotes if they were chasing her deer in the back yard. She hated me shooting anything until tree rats tried to share the pool with her. Then is was demanded that the tree rats be dead. Shot 17 with a pellet gun. That would not do for yotes but it would leave one heck of a welt. My pellet gun put a pellet clean through a squirrel from 25 yards. I wonder what it do to a coyote?

I see an ATF Form 1 in my future for my SW 22 Victory
    ​~ Mike
    <*)(((((>{

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links