Sentry gun safe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Sentry gun safe

Tinhorn
    Member #

Sentry gun safe

To replace my stack-on 14 gun locker, I picked this up off craigslist for $200,
    Model G7211-1, it's combination lock, I think it was new in 2004?
    Anyone have/had this safe?
    Opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Will you be able to change the combination to your own aet of numbers ?
    lever30 likes this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Travlin View Post
    Will you be able to change the combination to your own aet of numbers ?
    I had reservations about that, the owners manual doesn't outline anything about that, I'm calling customer service tomorrow to see what my options are
    Travlin and cajun56 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    You done good!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I have a G-4211. It is a good safe. It is supposedly 14 gun but I modified it a bit and it holds 6 with easy access; I don't have to move this gun to get that one.
    cajun56, Lever Jac and Australian like this.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Excellent! Changing the combination should be easy. Sentry may have instructions on their website.
    cajun56 likes this.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrmike View Post
    I have a G-4211. It is a good safe. It is supposedly 14 gun but I modified it a bit and it holds 6 with easy access; I don't have to move this gun to get that one.
    What did your modifications consist of?
    A pic would be much appreciated

I was looking at the safes a cabelas recently, and some of the safes had long gun cradles on the inside of door and thought with 2 or maybe 3 on the door and 8 or so across the back this safe should pretty comfortably hold 10 without having to move any, with the added benefit of having my home defense gun in position one inside the door for quick access

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Pretty simple, actually; modified might be too strong of a word, more like customized it. I only use the hangers across the back. I have approximately 1" wooden spacers duct taped to the left side of the hangers except the next to the last one on the right; it has none. The far right hanger has a 3/4" spacer on the left and a 3/8" spacer on the right. I bought additional scope extender blocks from Sentry for the spacers that needed them. Mine did not come with scope extender blocks for each spacer. I do not have a spacer on the next to the last spacer on the right; and the last spacer on the right has half of a block glued to the back of a regular block as I still needed one more scope block extender. These last two on the right are for a narrow, iron sighted lever gun and an un-scoped bolt gun, respectively.
    Last edited by sbrmike; 10-21-2019 at 07:08 AM. Reason: corrections and pic

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrmike View Post
    Pretty simple, actually; modified might be too strong of a word, more like customized it. I only use the hangers across the back. I have approximately 1" wooden spacers duct taped to the left side of the hangers except the next to the last one on the right; it has none. The far right hanger has a 3/4" spacer on the left and a 3/8" spacer on the right. I bought additional scope extender blocks from Sentry for the spacers that needed them. Mine did not come with scope extender blocks for each spacer. I do not have a spacer on the next to the last spacer on the right; and the last spacer on the right has half of a block glued to the back of a regular block as I still needed one more scope block extender. These last two on the right are for a narrow, iron sighted lever gun and an un-scoped bolt gun, respectively.
    Thanks

You may be interested in this
    Browning Door Organizer - Small
    https://www.gunsafesnow.com/browning...zer-small.aspx

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I spoke with customer service today, and they no longer produce safes for long guns but she answered all my questions
    DOM 2003
    Wgt 270 lbs
    not fire rated, so it's a heavy duty security cabinet
    I was hoping to buy some barrel rest and scope spacers but they are not available any longer
    It's still an upgrade from what I had, for $200 I'm happy
    lever30, Krusty and Golphin like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links