Sentry gun safe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Sentry gun safe



  1. #1
    Tinhorn
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    54
    Member #
    146175
    Thanked
    100 times

    Sentry gun safe

    To replace my stack-on 14 gun locker, I picked this up off craigslist for $200,
    Model G7211-1, it's combination lock, I think it was new in 2004?
    Anyone have/had this safe?
    Opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Certified Gunnut
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa Bay area central Fl
    Posts
    4,015
    Member #
    28699
    Thanked
    7252 times
    Will you be able to change the combination to your own aet of numbers ?
    lever30 likes this.

  3. #3
    Tinhorn
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    54
    Member #
    146175
    Thanked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Travlin View Post
    Will you be able to change the combination to your own aet of numbers ?
    I had reservations about that, the owners manual doesn't outline anything about that, I'm calling customer service tomorrow to see what my options are
    Travlin and cajun56 like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Marlin Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,963
    Member #
    19834
    Thanked
    21299 times
    You done good!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

  6. #5
    Sidewinder
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Potter County, PA
    Posts
    211
    Member #
    46680
    Thanked
    225 times
    I have a G-4211. It is a good safe. It is supposedly 14 gun but I modified it a bit and it holds 6 with easy access; I don't have to move this gun to get that one.
    cajun56, Lever Jac and Australian like this.

  7. #6
    Certified Gunnut
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shelton Laurel, NC
    Posts
    4,157
    Member #
    64094
    Thanked
    8934 times
    Excellent! Changing the combination should be easy. Sentry may have instructions on their website.
    cajun56 likes this.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

  8. #7
    Tinhorn
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    54
    Member #
    146175
    Thanked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrmike View Post
    I have a G-4211. It is a good safe. It is supposedly 14 gun but I modified it a bit and it holds 6 with easy access; I don't have to move this gun to get that one.
    What did your modifications consist of?
    A pic would be much appreciated

    I was looking at the safes a cabelas recently, and some of the safes had long gun cradles on the inside of door and thought with 2 or maybe 3 on the door and 8 or so across the back this safe should pretty comfortably hold 10 without having to move any, with the added benefit of having my home defense gun in position one inside the door for quick access

  9. #8
    Sidewinder
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Potter County, PA
    Posts
    211
    Member #
    46680
    Thanked
    225 times
    Pretty simple, actually; modified might be too strong of a word, more like customized it. I only use the hangers across the back. I have approximately 1" wooden spacers duct taped to the left side of the hangers except the next to the last one on the right; it has none. The far right hanger has a 3/4" spacer on the left and a 3/8" spacer on the right. I bought additional scope extender blocks from Sentry for the spacers that needed them. Mine did not come with scope extender blocks for each spacer. I do not have a spacer on the next to the last spacer on the right; and the last spacer on the right has half of a block glued to the back of a regular block as I still needed one more scope block extender. These last two on the right are for a narrow, iron sighted lever gun and an un-scoped bolt gun, respectively.
    Last edited by sbrmike; 10-21-2019 at 07:08 AM. Reason: corrections and pic

  10. #9
    Tinhorn
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    54
    Member #
    146175
    Thanked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrmike View Post
    Pretty simple, actually; modified might be too strong of a word, more like customized it. I only use the hangers across the back. I have approximately 1" wooden spacers duct taped to the left side of the hangers except the next to the last one on the right; it has none. The far right hanger has a 3/4" spacer on the left and a 3/8" spacer on the right. I bought additional scope extender blocks from Sentry for the spacers that needed them. Mine did not come with scope extender blocks for each spacer. I do not have a spacer on the next to the last spacer on the right; and the last spacer on the right has half of a block glued to the back of a regular block as I still needed one more scope block extender. These last two on the right are for a narrow, iron sighted lever gun and an un-scoped bolt gun, respectively.
    Thanks

    You may be interested in this
    Browning Door Organizer - Small
    https://www.gunsafesnow.com/browning...zer-small.aspx

  11. #10
    Tinhorn
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    54
    Member #
    146175
    Thanked
    100 times
    I spoke with customer service today, and they no longer produce safes for long guns but she answered all my questions
    DOM 2003
    Wgt 270 lbs
    not fire rated, so it's a heavy duty security cabinet
    I was hoping to buy some barrel rest and scope spacers but they are not available any longer
    It's still an upgrade from what I had, for $200 I'm happy
    lever30, Krusty and Golphin like this.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •