Auction Time.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By tranteruk
  • 5 Post By cajun56

Thread: Auction Time.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Auction Time.

Today, I followed a gun auction on line. The auction itself is only a half hour away, but online from the house with tea a biscuits works for me. Hundreds of lots went by, from a box of used bore cleaning rods, est £10-£12 to 12g shotguns in the thousands. Also many antiques, from Colts and remingtons to saddle flintlocks. I was kinda thrown today. Some I was interested in went for far less than I expected, and I failed to bid. Others I really fancied went for much more than I wanted to pay. I ended up buying one 12g SS for a modest sum. Some very fine rifles and shotguns were going for £50/£60! Real bargains. One No4 Lee Enfield Sniper went for a lot. I even say one round for a Gyrojet sell for £12.00. Gyrojet? really? I did think of some on this site when I saw a box of Lee Enfield stocks and forends go by. Problem is, you cant um and arr, the item comes up, and its gone in a few seconds. I have used auctions for almost fifty years and still dont get much right.

The company is called Southams in a place called Bedford. A search may get you a look, but too late to bid. Actually, not true. Its usual to have a times auction a day or so after for items that failed to sell. May be worth a look..
    http://southamsauction.co.uk
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    But the shipping would eat us alive! Thanks!

ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Some mighty fine lookin' items!
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links