Owner purchased the gun with personalized graphics on the stock_ wants it removed - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Owner purchased the gun with personalized graphics on the stock_ wants it removed

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Where can you buy "Iron Knickers".......................are they comfortable ?..........do they rust??

The banter here can be so straightforward, but always civilized.............LOL!!!

Oh!........Good Job on that "art" removal,.............

Tom
    Last edited by Tomray; 04-15-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    NRA LIFE
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    QUOTE=Tomray;7830833]Where can you buy "Iron Kickers".......................are they comfortable ?..........do they rust??

The banter here can be so straightforward, but always civilized.............LOL!!!

Tom[/QUOTE]

Have a local metal shop here that makes them ... they normally fabricate and repair LARGE specialized farm implements for the very LARGE tractors. Make the Knickers in the off season. They are a special order item made for their local customers only.

I hate to admit it but I have mine fleeced lined ... cost a little extra but I think it's worth it.

No rust problems as long as you are never late to the RestRoom.
    Marlin • Benjiman • Beretta • Bushmaster • Harrington & Richardson • Henry • Kimber • Mossberg • Remington • Ruger • Savage • Sig Sauer • Smith & Wesson • Stevens • Taurus • Winchester ... Banner • Bushnell • Cabelas • Center Point • Crimson Trace • Leupold • Nikon • Sig Sauer • Simmons • Tasco

NRA Member
    Team 60 #354
    Team .22 Magnum #155
    Team 30-30 #1366

Team Bikers #58c

• 2006 Honda VTX 1800C
    • 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 VT
    • 2007 Honda Rebel 250

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtmac View Post
    QUOTE=Tomray;7830833]Where can you buy "Iron Knickers".......................are they comfortable ?..........do they rust??

Tom
    Have a local metal shop here that makes them ... they normally fabricate and repair LARGE specialized farm implements for the very LARGE tractors. Make the Knickers in the off season. They are a special order item made for their local customers only.

I hate to admit it but I have mine fleeced lined ... cost a little extra but I think it's worth it.

[/QUOTE]

rjtmac,

LOL!...............Curiosity is building!............ Custom Made Fleece Lined Knickers?...........No Shame in that!

I'm just gonna' back away from this, 'cuz I might steer this whole thread in a different direction..............I've been know to do that, ya' know............

My Best,

Tom
    Last edited by Tomray; 04-15-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    NRA LIFE
    CCDL

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtmac View Post
    QUOTE=Tomray;7830833]Where can you buy "Iron Knickers".......................are they comfortable ?..........do they rust??

Tom

[/QUOTE]
    NRA LIFE
    CCDL

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Alright ... Back to the business at hand ... and I'm Sorry, I cannot take orders for Knickers ... they won't allow it and there is a mandatory in person fitting appointment required.

Got the Butt Plate in today ... some pictures of the fit but just with an * here. The screws he sent with the Butt Plate are way too small and do not come close to fitting the holes. There is a little "slop" in the fit. The pictures will show some slight misalignment but please believe me the fit is near perfect. When held in place all edges line up with no over or under hang. I was a little amazed at the fit.

With the Butt Plate in hand and the fit checking done I can proceed with the final sanding prep, stain and finish. Looking forward to seeing what this little puppy turns out to be.
    Last edited by rjtmac; 04-16-2019 at 01:08 AM.
    Marlin • Benjiman • Beretta • Bushmaster • Harrington & Richardson • Henry • Kimber • Mossberg • Remington • Ruger • Savage • Sig Sauer • Smith & Wesson • Stevens • Taurus • Winchester ... Banner • Bushnell • Cabelas • Center Point • Crimson Trace • Leupold • Nikon • Sig Sauer • Simmons • Tasco

NRA Member
    Team 60 #354
    Team .22 Magnum #155
    Team 30-30 #1366

Team Bikers #58c

• 2006 Honda VTX 1800C
    • 2007 Honda Rebel 250

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    "With the Butt Plate in hand and the fit checking done I can proceed with the final sanding prep, stain and finish. Looking forward to seeing what this little puppy turns out to be."

Good thing there were pictures included - I almost thought we were still talking iron knickers....LoL

Either way it's Looking Good -
    Tomray, PileDriver and marlinluvr like this.

“Conservatives want to alter their lifestyles to meet reality. Leftists want to alter reality to meet their lifestyles” - Frank Turek, Cross Examine Radio Show
    Reading or Listening for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation - Tar_Heel 336
    "The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its Limits" - Albert Einstein
    ”Yup, but I was on a rant” 49FMarlin... "I hear ya, Brother - Been There, Done That" - Tar_Heel

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Got the stock stained ... wish it was just a smidgen lighter but the wood took the stain like a puppy that hadn't had water for 3 days during the summer.

Have the Butt Plate reworked ... smoothed the nicked edges. Have sanded and wire brushed the whole thing down. Ready for bluing.

So here is a preliminary look at what we have:

This is the Logo side. The dark spot is the deepest hole that was left and could not be sanded and feathered out. It has been filled. When the stain is rubbed after a few hours of drying the dark spot will be gone for the most part.

Might just get this looking somewhere near presentable before it is all said and done ...

NRA Member
    Team 60 #354
    Team .22 Magnum #155
    Team 30-30 #1366

Team Bikers #58c

• 2006 Honda VTX 1800C
    • 2007 Honda Rebel 250

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #

Owner purchased the gun with personalized graphics on the stock_ wants it removed

Very nice so far!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Would be proud to own it that's the highest complement I can pay it!
    My Avatar is to honor my family members 1st Lt. J.H. Echols 8th Georgia Infantry Company H, CSA, Killed in Action at Gettysburg (Wheatfield) July 2nd 1863. And Brigadier General John Echols 27th Virginia Infantry, CSA Stonewall's Brigade.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Superb job! Wonder if the original owner got that star tattooed somewhere on his person, and just had
    to have his rifle "tattooed" too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links