Owner purchased the gun with personalized graphics on the stock_ wants it removed - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Owner purchased the gun with personalized graphics on the stock_ wants it removed

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    All my keeper guns have my name and sn engraved on a interior surface that is where it wouldn't be noticed unless you knew it was there. I have sold off about 40 keepers in last 3 yrs so a lot of my Branded guns are in circulation. I never had a keeper stolen but if
    you end up having to prove ownership there is not a better way. I was involved in a case about 20yrs ago as a witness. Hunting and fishing camps were being ransacked. The caught the crew that was doing it with a massive hoarde of stolen guns, fishing tackle and tools. There was considerable problems claiming the older guns because the owners didn't have the serial numbers. Also several cases of multiple claims on same item. Their was a 22 rifle that was being argued over when a guy told them his name was on inside of butt plate. Deputy took it off, name was there, guy got rifle. That's when I started doing it.
    Gareth Holland likes this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I have a Winchester Model 12 and a Winchester 94 .32 Special that were my uncle's. Both had his initials branded into the stocks. The Model 94 still has them, but the Model 12's came out nicely even though they were deep burns. I did it pretty much the way you did it, RJTMAC. Nice start. Can we see the finished job?

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by M700 View Post
    Star of David has six points, not five.

Guy
    I stand corrected. Sorry.
    M700 likes this.
    The Flag my father Earned so we could all see it wave.
    Team .45/70 #1879
    Team 1894 #575

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    When I pick up a used rifle or shotgun the first thing I do is remove the butt plate. Sometimes nothing. A lot of times if gun has a scope on it the old timers would put the rear sight in butt if model hade hole avaible, sometimes they drilled one. I have found parts, hunting license and even some cash in butts.
    Bobshouse and M700 like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Shooter View Post
    I have a Winchester Model 12 and a Winchester 94 .32 Special that were my uncle's. Both had his initials branded into the stocks. The Model 94 still has them, but the Model 12's came out nicely even though they were deep burns. I did it pretty much the way you did it, RJTMAC. Nice start. Can we see the finished job?
    Will post some pictures when I am done ... Soonest would be the week end of next week for sure. With BPA being most likely Monday ... fitting and finish on Tuesday and at least 5 days for finish applications it will be a while.

If all of the pictures are taken from a distance then you will know it didn't turn out so good ... LOL That won't be the case with the distance pictures ... will get the distance and the close ups warts and all. If you screw it up you have to take the responsibility just like you get the credit when it turns out o.k. ....
    Marlin • Benjiman • Beretta • Bushmaster • Harrington & Richardson • Henry • Kimber • Mossberg • Remington • Ruger • Savage • Sig Sauer • Smith & Wesson • Stevens • Taurus • Winchester ... Banner • Bushnell • Cabelas • Center Point • Crimson Trace • Leupold • Nikon • Sig Sauer • Simmons • Tasco

NRA Member
    Team 60 #354
    Team .22 Magnum #155
    Team 30-30 #1366

Team Bikers #58c

• 2006 Honda VTX 1800C
    • 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 VT
    • 2007 Honda Rebel 250

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    When I pick up a used rifle or shotgun the first thing I do is remove the butt plate. Sometimes nothing. A lot of times if gun has a scope on it the old timers would put the rear sight in butt if model hade hole avaible, sometimes they drilled one. I have found parts, hunting license and even some cash in butts.
    Funny, my Uncle is a proctologist, he finds money in butts too!!
    6'x8' two man rooms with toilets. 23 Years in a Federal Penitentiary

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    A thing of beauty. We must mourn that it is now in memory only.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtmac View Post
    Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz seems I pushed somebody's hot button ... Tar_Heel 336 it is acknowledged you have your view ... sorry you stumbled on this thread ... please feel free to enjoy any guns you have done "what the hell you wanted with it in any manner you chose" and just keep on not giving a crap about what anyone thinks.

On the other side I can have my view that defacing a gun is just wrong ... and the world will keep turning for both of us ...

Remember you can unsubscribe from the thread to save yourself any more angst ... have a great weekend Sir ...
    Nope - Just stated my opinion on the matter as others have stated theirs - sorry you got your knickers twisted over it - but I did get a kick out of your reply. LoL. Carry on and a Very Good day to You, Sir.

“Conservatives want to alter their lifestyles to meet reality. Leftists want to alter reality to meet their lifestyles” - Frank Turek, Cross Examine Radio Show
    Reading or Listening for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation - Tar_Heel 336
    "The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its Limits" - Albert Einstein
    ”Yup, but I was on a rant” 49FMarlin... "I hear ya, Brother - Been There, Done That" - Tar_Heel

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar_Heel 336 View Post
    Nope - Just stated my opinion on the matter as others have stated theirs - sorry you got your knickers twisted over it - but I did get a kick out of your reply. LoL. Carry on and a Very Good day to You, Sir.
    Not twisted - not even slightly wrinkled - I wear iron Knickers ... Just sorry that I might have offended ... and just for "one upmanship", you have a Very Good Week Sir ... lol
    Marlin • Benjiman • Beretta • Bushmaster • Harrington & Richardson • Henry • Kimber • Mossberg • Remington • Ruger • Savage • Sig Sauer • Smith & Wesson • Stevens • Taurus • Winchester ... Banner • Bushnell • Cabelas • Center Point • Crimson Trace • Leupold • Nikon • Sig Sauer • Simmons • Tasco

NRA Member
    Team 60 #354
    Team .22 Magnum #155
    Team 30-30 #1366

Team Bikers #58c

• 2006 Honda VTX 1800C
    • 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 VT
    • 2007 Honda Rebel 250

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    LoL, Right on - I am actually Very Interested in the workmanship and out come - I am positive you will do an outstanding job that makes this quite the interesting thread to follow and see the end results of it being worked and eventually returned to a glorious state and one anyone would be proud to own, or even hold - I agree it was an ugly mar, but I can understand folks doing what they want with their own property even though it makes the rest of us cringe, I guess I was just trying to state that maybe too 'passionately'. Didn't mean for my original post to come off or be taken as being so 'over-the-top', 'offensive' or aggressive in tone or nature when reading it 'out of context' from my frame of intent when writing - for that I offer my apologies, and I do look forward to the completed project.

And your 'one upmanship' is taken in stride with good humor, and for that purpose - by-gum, I will! LoL

have a good evening - and a great week as well. [in all sincerity] And I look forward to seeing the finished product.
    Last edited by Tar_Heel 336; 04-14-2019 at 09:43 PM.

“Conservatives want to alter their lifestyles to meet reality. Leftists want to alter reality to meet their lifestyles” - Frank Turek, Cross Examine Radio Show
    Reading or Listening for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation - Tar_Heel 336
    "The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its Limits" - Albert Einstein
    ”Yup, but I was on a rant” 49FMarlin... "I hear ya, Brother - Been There, Done That" - Tar_Heel

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links