Owner purchased the gun with personalized graphics on the stock_ wants it removed - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Owner purchased the gun with personalized graphics on the stock_ wants it removed

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Thanks, I understand a little more, now.
    Your work is amazing, like others I enjoy your posts on these projects. Please continue sharing them.
    —Griff
    shawlerbrook likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    S T O P !!!!

Project on hold ... I have the Butt Stock and Fore Grip ready for final prep sanding. Small problem - the owner did not have the butt plate with him when he gave me the stock set last week.

He was supposed to have sent it Monday or Tuesday. It did not arrive today so I contacted him to check in. He had been remiss in his duty and the plate did not get shipped until today. So looking at Sat. or Monday for arrival.

So it will go on the cushion on top of the safe until BPA ... ( Butt Plate Arrival )
    Last edited by rjtmac; 04-15-2019 at 12:20 AM.
    Marlin • Benjiman • Beretta • Bushmaster • Harrington & Richardson • Henry • Kimber • Mossberg • Remington • Ruger • Savage • Sig Sauer • Smith & Wesson • Stevens • Taurus • Winchester ... Banner • Bushnell • Cabelas • Center Point • Crimson Trace • Leupold • Nikon • Sig Sauer • Simmons • Tasco

NRA Member
    Team 60 #354
    Team .22 Magnum #155
    Team 30-30 #1366

Team Bikers #58c

• 2006 Honda VTX 1800C
    • 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 VT
    • 2007 Honda Rebel 250

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Just a story from a few years back. There is a WBTS weapons collector near by. And he gave a demonstration with a small selection of guns, swords, and knives. This collection was started by his grandfather. Most of the guns had the owners name inscribed on them. He explained that when his grandfather started collecting them, inscribed weapons were a lot cheaper, because most people collecting these type of arms, would often buy them and tell people they had been passed down from their own forefathers. But now those weapons are so much more valuable because they can be traced to their original owners. But he also traveled to other places to estate sales. And he had a found a handmade bowie knife that facinated everyone in the room. It had 3 initials and 4 ga crudely carved in the handle. He had bought the knife at a sale in Ohio. He told the family he was looking for Civil War relics. They told him their grandfather fought for an Ohio unit, but no relics. He had spotted the knife, that they said had been used on the farm as a hog butchering knife. Anyway he brought the knife back to Georgia. Then looked up the 4th Ga. Volunteers. And found a soldier with those same initials. The soldier had been captured at Gettysburg by the same Ohio unit that the family said was their ancestor. Anyway sorry for the long story. But bubba has been around for a long long time.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun56 View Post
    I got one for you! I scratched my head also! What makes people do this! This is on a Marlin.

20190411_050611.jpg.

I would love to have it removed also.

ca'jun56
    Here. I fixed it for you.

right side up.jpg
    M700 likes this.
    Zuikowarrior, NRA Life Member

Team 35 Member 48, Team .30-30 Member 112, Team 39 Member 92, Team 60 Member 18, Team .45/70 Member 912, Team MR-7 Member 9, Team 1894 Member 414, Team Glenfield Member 81, Team Savage 99 Member 26, Team Browning Member 115.

"Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight." Colonel Jeff Cooper.

"A free people ought to be armed." George Washington.

Marlin 30AW, 336CSs, Texan, Glenfield Texan, 1895G Guide Gun, 1894C, 39TDS, Model 60, MR7.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    My Gun.... I'll do what the hell I want with it in any manner I choose and don't give a crap what anyone thinks about it - especially if it's gotten rid of after I'm gone!! (or at least long done toting it around using it). You want it when I'm long done with it -?- you can have it.... and do anything you damn well please with it yourself - like getting rid of all MY personalizations (when it was mine).
    bushangler likes this.

“Conservatives want to alter their lifestyles to meet reality. Leftists want to alter reality to meet their lifestyles” - Frank Turek, Cross Examine Radio Show
    Reading or Listening for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation - Tar_Heel 336
    "The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its Limits" - Albert Einstein
    ”Yup, but I was on a rant” 49FMarlin... "I hear ya, Brother - Been There, Done That" - Tar_Heel

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar_Heel 336 View Post
    My Gun.... I'll do what the hell I want with it in any manner I choose and don't give a crap what anyone thinks about it - especially if it's gotten rid of after I'm gone!! (or at least long done toting it around using it). You want it when I'm long done with it -?- you can have it.... and do anything you damn well please with it yourself - like getting rid of all MY personalizations (when it was mine).
    Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz seems I pushed somebody's hot button ... Tar_Heel 336 it is acknowledged you have your view ... sorry you stumbled on this thread ... please feel free to enjoy any guns you have done "what the hell you wanted with it in any manner you chose" and just keep on not giving a crap about what anyone thinks.

On the other side I can have my view that defacing a gun is just wrong ... and the world will keep turning for both of us ...

Remember you can unsubscribe from the thread to save yourself any more angst ... have a great weekend Sir ...
    GasGuzzler, DWF, Da Duke and 2 others like this.
    Marlin • Benjiman • Beretta • Bushmaster • Harrington & Richardson • Henry • Kimber • Mossberg • Remington • Ruger • Savage • Sig Sauer • Smith & Wesson • Stevens • Taurus • Winchester ... Banner • Bushnell • Cabelas • Center Point • Crimson Trace • Leupold • Nikon • Sig Sauer • Simmons • Tasco

NRA Member
    Team 60 #354
    Team .22 Magnum #155
    Team 30-30 #1366

Team Bikers #58c

• 2006 Honda VTX 1800C
    • 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 VT
    • 2007 Honda Rebel 250

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I once had a Colt Agent. It was mint, but the previous owner engraved his SSN on the front of the grip frame. It was a lousy pen job. He could of easily taken the grip off and engraved it where it would not show. I did get it cheap and carried it as a backup on duty.
    Gareth Holland likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I once bought an 1897 Winchester shotgun that some previous owner had scratched his name into the metal--in several places; barrel, mag tube, receiver. Bought it from a pawn shop, so there was no "family story" behind it that anyone knew about. On the plus side, I did get it cheaper than a couple of other 97's that didn't have any "customization".

A couple of years ago, a shop I frequent had a large lot of "evidence guns" from some police department. One of them, was a bolt action rifle in 22-250. It was really beat up, but nothing affecting the functioning, and the price was more than decent. The one thing I couldn't get past, however, was some previous owner had inlaid into the right side of the stock about a 3" high cloisonné marijuana leaf, then sealed it over with some type of lacquer. Just couldn't bring myself to buy it, as I believe it was a discontinued model and the cost of a a stock would have made it more expensive than buying something decent to begin with. It was there for quite some time, so I guess other folks felt like I did.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    "Reading or Listening for Comprehension instead of Confrontation leads to much better Conversation" - Tar_Heel 336

Hmm His very own quote. Maybe someone should take they're own advice and not be confrontational. JS
    Gareth Holland and rjtmac like this.
    Team 35 Remington #722
    Team 336-44 #62
    Team 1894 #512
    Team Wheel Gun #77
    Team 44-40 #57

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Not a Star of David, thats six points. The five pointed star is a devil worship and dark magic thing especially inside a circle. Called a Pentagram. Also found in use on the US Flag where it has nothing to do with black magic.

There is somewhere out there a 1911A1 with my name, real name of the side. Bit of a half baked joke from the 80s. No idea where it is, I wonder how much effort someone took to cover or remove it.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links