Well heck... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Well heck...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguvna View Post
    Yeah this just did not seem logical to me Guy. pinstriping a prius??........................that is what tipped me off to the April Fools.....

IOW, you can see Guy knitting and sitting at a pottery wheel.

Jack
    M700, KG, Sweetwater and 1 others like this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by M700 View Post
    Since I my banged up neck won't let me shoot 'em from prone anymore, and I don't really enjoy the bench much, I took all the rifles down & put 'em on consignment at the LGS. Kinda sniffled a little about the Marlin 39A, but, don't need it for anything anymore either.

I do enjoy archery, so I'll just hunt with my bow from here on out.

Got rid of most of the handguns too, kept the 22/45 Ruger for target practice. I figure it will do, if a burglar needs shooting, but I'll try the pepper spray first.

Yup, going to concentrate on fly fishing and archery. I like those plenty, and nobody's trying to take that stuff away. Instead of handloading, I'm getting back into making my own arrows & bowstrings. Heck, might even try my hand at building a traditional long bow!

I'll have to figure out what to do with all that reloading gear, as well as the powder, primers & bullets. Have quite a supply. Danged west coast has made it just too danged difficult to continue being a real gun-guy, and my wife won't consider moving back to Idaho.

I'd recommend we all consider something like this, takin' up knitting, pottery, something gentle-like so as to quit tickin' off all the liberal folks. They're good people, just scared of us 'cause of our guns. So, let's make it easier on 'em and just turn to other things instead. Pinstriping a Prius or something instead of building a V8 hot rod for instance...

Guy

Yeah.........................APRIL FOOLS!

Tom
    M700 likes this.
    NRA LIFE
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by M700 View Post
    Since I my banged up neck won't let me shoot 'em from prone anymore, and I don't really enjoy the bench much, I took all the rifles down & put 'em on consignment at the LGS. Kinda sniffled a little about the Marlin 39A, but, don't need it for anything anymore either.

I do enjoy archery, so I'll just hunt with my bow from here on out.

Got rid of most of the handguns too, kept the 22/45 Ruger for target practice. I figure it will do, if a burglar needs shooting, but I'll try the pepper spray first.

Yup, going to concentrate on fly fishing and archery. I like those plenty, and nobody's trying to take that stuff away. Instead of handloading, I'm getting back into making my own arrows & bowstrings. Heck, might even try my hand at building a traditional long bow!

I'll have to figure out what to do with all that reloading gear, as well as the powder, primers & bullets. Have quite a supply. Danged west coast has made it just too danged difficult to continue being a real gun-guy, and my wife won't consider moving back to Idaho.

I'd recommend we all consider something like this, takin' up knitting, pottery, something gentle-like so as to quit tickin' off all the liberal folks. They're good people, just scared of us 'cause of our guns. So, let's make it easier on 'em and just turn to other things instead. Pinstriping a Prius or something instead of building a V8 hot rod for instance...

Guy
    Wut?
    M700 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    GOOD ONE! Had me thinking for a while, "Maybe he's right, maybe I should be more like him and get rid of all my Marlins, all my ammo, and all my handguns, and the whole world would be a better place and we could all live in harmony and peace and.........then I thought, "What would Dirty Harry do...?" NAH! Not a chance!!!

Thanks for the smile! --728shooter
    M700 likes this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Well done. had me going for a while.

RJ
    M700 likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Now that I am in on it I am not so concerned. At first I was kind of worried about your mental and physical health. Aside from the fact that talk like that is a serious warning sign of personal harm, you get into the issue fact that there is no fanatic like a convert. Pretty soon you would not even be bow hunting but a spokesman for organization like PETA or other wildlife organizations. You would be touring Face Book so you could humiliate people proudly posting pictures of their trophies, like the example I have seen of a woman that shot a giraffe in Africa.

If it were the fall I would have thought you would have had a string of misses. That can cause talk like that. I have had those with a shotgun and nearly wrapped them around a tree instead of selling them. Can happen with a rifle but usually it means buying a new one instead of selling them all, but some take missing very seriously, especially trophies. There is hope for someone that misses as sooner or later they will redeem themselves with a shot that normally could not be made with radar aimed artillery. Then, maybe you had a bad day shooting off the bench. Good to know it was just April Fools day. Unfortunately I did not read until the day after so I have to be more serious.

DEP
    M700 likes this.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Guy,

I got up early this A.M.; got my morning coffee, went to my office and opened my computer to Marlin Owners, and began reading. I got to your post and started reading. Got so depressed I started crying. I had to throw out my morning oatmeal; it got diluted with tears! The wife thought I was having one of those "senior moments".

Remember ----Pay Backs are Hell!

CJ
    Last edited by Cascade Jinx; 04-02-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    USN RET Team 35 member #33

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links